A-1 Van Lines

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Leaving ATL

A-1 Van Lines

Postby Leaving ATL » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:09 pm

Does anyone have any information on A-1 Van Lines out of Chatanooga, TN? I am thinking of using them for a interstate move. I haven't been able to find anything about them, good or bad.
US DOT: 1460785
ICC MC: 551869

farrah7031

Re: A-1 Van Lines

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:07 pm

I would stay away from them. They have 2 trucks and 2 drivers. They've only been licensed to do interstate moves since 3/06.
http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... _name=JOEY^CHORAN^~^CARMEN^BOEBEL&pv_pref_docket=MC551869&pv_usdot_no=1460785&pv_vpath=LIVIEW

Where are you moving from and to?

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:12 pm

They also have had 5 complaints to the BBB SINCE APRIL, and are not licensed to move within Georgia.
http://www.psc.state.ga.us/transportati ... rsdata.asp

They are a definite no.

Have you looked at the superlist of Movers? Scroll down to your state and call 3 companies to do in home estimates.
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8038

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:30 am

If you're leaving ATL why are you looking at a mover from Tennessee?

Unless it's a van line HQ, and they have agents in ATL, they won't be able to come out and give you a visual estimate.

You should select a company that has an office or headquarters in ATL and let them give you an in house estimate.

Phone estimates are unreliable, and there is always something that was omitted, that causes the estimated charges to change.

Our Van line, for instance, put out a bulletin to all agents that every move must be given a visual estimate, whether non binding or binding.

Atlanta has quite a few van line represented agents in the area... Check out Diane's list for reviews of them.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Staci Sharp

Postby Staci Sharp » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:41 pm

Not sure where you are moving too but I got a good quote from North American (Beltmann).

RH

Postby RH » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:41 pm

I'm sure you have already chosen a mover for your move, but for anyone else considering A-1 Vanlines, please don't. I highly recommend AGAINST using A-1 Vanlines. I had a horrible experience them.

First of all, they quoted me a price over the phone and after they picked up my furniture, they said I owed them an additional $1000 and refused to deliver my stuff until I paid it. After arguing with the owners for a week, I ended up paying the additional amount. My stuff was finally delivered, but some items were damaged. Despite the fact that they insured my stuff, I have been trying for over 3 weeks to get them to pay for some of the damages, but still do not have anything resolved.

If I could do it over again, I would go with a more well-known mover. PLEASE do your research before choosing a company.

Return to “Open Community”