Has anyone used "the movers" in Tucson, Az????????

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
kassey_kassey

Has anyone used "the movers" in Tucson, Az????????

Postby kassey_kassey » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:40 pm

:evil: Please E-mail me @ kassey9@hotmail.com if you have had an unpleasant experience with "the movers" in Tucson AZ. Kassey

MusicMom

Re: Has anyone used "the movers" in Tucson, Az????

Postby MusicMom » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:44 pm

Who's "The Movers" in Tuscon, and what did they do to you?

di-di

Re: Has anyone used "the movers" in Tucson, Az????????

Postby di-di » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:02 pm

kassey -

I am in the middle of hell itself with THE MOVERS. They stole about $10,000 worth of my goods and the damage to my personal property they actually delivered was about $10 grand, too. I am so upset. I can't believe they did this. All I get from Dom and his receptionist is the answering machine. Gave them ample opportunity to make it right --- well, to deliver what they stole and repair what they damaged (stealing/property damage isn't "right") --- all to no avail. We are in the process of obtaining a lawyer and filing suit. Nothing else to do.

Hope your situation wasn't as bad as mine!

I noticed you placed this post back in November. I just found this site today. If you don't mind, please send me an email via this site and we can share horror stories. Depending upon the lawsuit and lawyer, a possible written testimony of your experience as a past customer may help us --- I dunno --- it's up to you.

Di

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:09 pm

Can you give us their website or address?

di-di

Postby di-di » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:35 pm

farrah -

Sure. I don't know if this fits in with the policy of this site but I can give you the details I found doing a whois search of his website which is now defunct. Hopefully, the moderators won't take it down. THE MOVERS are also listed in the TUCSON, AZ Dex yellow pages. I also found a listing for them on 123movers.com with the Shiloh address but it is missing one number in the physical address. (I took out the first few letters of his email addy as I wouldn't think that would be appropriate without his permission --- have no clue if it's even correct, either.)

The whois search lists the correct contact telephone number and the guy I dealt with is Dom. I did a search on the BBB and it lists a different physical address on Houghton, otherwise all other details are correct - the whois search lists it on Shiloh St. All of this can be gotten from the yellow pages in Tucson, AZ, so I wouldn't think this is a problem listing it (with the exception of 'maybe' the email addy).

The Whois info for, themoversaz.com:

Registrant:
Movers The
9555 E Shiloh St #15205
Tucson, AZ 85748
US

Domain name: THEMOVERSAZ.COM

Administrative Contact:
McDuffie, Dominic xxxx @ cox.net
9555 E Shiloh St #15205
Tucson, AZ 85748
US
Technical Contact:
McDuffie, Dominic xxxx @ cox.net
9555 E Shiloh St #15205
Tucson, AZ 85748
US

I also found a woman who complained about them on another site but it was dated in 2005. I'm going to list the link here - hopefully, I'm not breaking the board's rules: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/160/RipOff0160757.htm

HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WILL SEE THIS POST AND NOT USE THE MOVERS !!!!

Di

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:44 pm

I am a moderator and no I will not take the information down.

Looks like their website is down.

Where did you move to/from? Was this a local move? Did you contact any authorities?

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:47 pm

Also, they have an unsatisfactory rating at the BBB:
http://www.tucson.bbb.org/commonreport. ... d=20002448

di-di

Postby di-di » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:02 pm

Hello Farrah,

Thank you!

When my husband came home from work today, I showed him all the dirt I was able to find on these creeps today alone. And I'm just getting started!!!!! My hubby stated that he was able to confirm via an attorney in Tucson that we can bring suit against them here in Wisconsin as this is where the goods were/should have been delivered instead of Arizona where they originated. Having to fly back and forth to Tucson would have been too expensive. We couldn't have afforded that. So, that's good news for starters.

He was also able to confirm that the listings through the BBBs of THE MOVERS with a physical location in Florida (there are 3 or 4 of them) are, in fact, the same people! The location of Houghton for the AZ office listed on the BBB is, in fact, a post office type location (such as postnet or the like). THE 'McDuffie' MOVERS certainly have been busy ripping people off in both Florida and Arizona!!!

Yes, we will be filing complaints with the BBBs, etc. I did telephone the police when THE MOVERS hadn't arrived with my furnishings and had been waiting for almost 2 days past the deadline. All the police had to say was that they couldn't help and that it was a civil matter.

We will now find an attorney here in Wisconsin. File all the necessary complaints and make a solid papertrail. Then the proceedings begin and THE MOVERS will have to fly here and hire an attorney who is licensed to practice here. In checking with our bank, they cashed our checks for cash. No trail of what bank they utilize. Which is making me think that they may be "moving" again.

It is so unfortunate that in the interim, there are going to be people that will be taken advantage of and ripped off by THE MOVERS. I wish I could be there outside their office with a sign warning others - but I can't from 2000 miles away.

This has cost us a fortune, all the money we had in savings. We are not rich people. They have stolen not only our furniture, furnishings, misc. items, which took years to obtain, and we also seem to have been insured by a 'bogus' insurance company --- but the most heartbreaking thing to me is the loss of many boxes of irreplaceable memories. Those boxes held little widgets and cups and the like that my children have made for me since they were little. My oldest child is 27 years old and my youngest is 15. All those years, all those precious gifts they made for me for mothers day, etc., are gone. They are PRICELESS - to me.

I can just visualize them opening the boxes. Opening up the carefully wrapped sculptures that we packed as we did not want them broken. All those sculptures, widgets, weavings, drawings, etc., that my children made for me when they were in preschool, elementary school, during all my surgeries, etc., and tossing them aside - smashing them to bits and calling it junk. I cry everytime I think about it. My heart breaks!

I don't know where this will all lead. My husband said to be prepared for them never to show up for court and all we'll have is just a judgment against them. A piece of paper. And THE MOVERS will move on, ripping off more and more people.

I don't know what else to say. My wish would be for them to return my "junk" and repair the damage to the things they did deliver. But logic and reason tells me that they have no conscience and that our hard earned personal property is gone. That their families will have nice holidays and b'days with stolen goods and that their children will learn that its ok to steal - not earn nor work for what you have - just like their mommy and daddy do. It's sad and I feel sorry for their children.

Okay. I've gone on long enough. Sorry!

Hopefully, someone will see this and scratch "THE MOVERS" off their list of possibilities and save them the heartache that I have. I hope so!

Diana

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:51 am

Farrah pointed out on your other thread that The Movers in Tucson hasn't been licensed for interstate transport since 2001. Your move to WI was illegal.

Also, if you paid for additional insurance and they didn't purchase it for you, that's insurance fraud and that can get them in serious trouble.

LPEREZ

Postby LPEREZ » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:57 pm

I have recently had the unfortunate experience of hiring "the movers". I wish I had found this forum first!

This "company" told me that they were licensed and insured. They did a great deal of damage to a number of my items and then asked to be paid in "cash" before they would unload the remaining 25% of my furniture! They took 2 hours longer than estimated to complete the move and then tried to tack on a "fuel service charge". I specifically asked in advance if there were going to be *any* additional charges whatsoever above the price which I was quoted and no fuel charge was mentioned. When I inquired about how to file a claim for the damage to my furniture, I was told to call and file within 10 days. I never received a form at all. When I called to find out an address to pick up a claim form at I was told they do not have an office. When I asked for the name of the manager I was given the name “DJ” and when I asked for a last name I was hung up on!

I would like to file a suit against them if anyone has the information of who to sue and the address to file please?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:45 pm

Suing will get you nowhere.

You need to gather up your paperwork and contact the DOT at 1-888-DOT-SAFT.

Return to “Open Community”