Moyer & Sons - DC/MD to OH - 5 stars

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Ria

Moyer & Sons - DC/MD to OH - 5 stars

Postby Ria » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:02 pm

This was last month, Oct 11th - 15th. Everything went great; I would highly recommend them to others. They charged $1390 and that included my small car. I didn't have any furniture to move though. Everything was under 1 ton. They have flat rates based on weight. They are really friendly and nice, and prompt. They got everything to me in ohio on time, right when they said they would on the 15th. They picked up my stuff on the 11th, took only about 30 minutes. I had 12 sterilite containers and a couple boxes, a fan & computer monitor not in boxes, and my car. Nothing was damaged or dirty. I'd say give them a look if you're in the dc maryland area, I was very happy with their service. :D

http://moyerandsons.com

MusicMom

Re: Moyer & Sons - DC/MD to OH - 5 stars

Postby MusicMom » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:26 pm

Hey, thank you for the review! Moyer has become my favorite Metro area independant mover.

So the Sterilite containers held up well? We've heard stories of them stacking and being as solid as bricks, and others of them cracking and collapsing. Guess it all mattters on what in them, how high it's stacked, and the trailer's ride.

Happy furniture shopping!

Diane

Re: Moyer & Sons - DC/MD to OH - 5 stars

Postby Diane » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:42 am

Ria,

Thanks so much for your great review, which I'm adding to the Superlist of movers linked to below. That is a very reasonable price for including a car in the shipment. Moyer seems to be a company where family members are involved on a day-to-day basis, which I think often makes a big difference quality-wise.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”