Update on A. Arnold Moving

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
ngriffis

Update on A. Arnold Moving

Postby ngriffis » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:38 pm

I just wanted to update everyone on my experience with A. Arnold movers out of Louisville. I moved from Lexington, KY to central FL and my experience was very nice. They loaded me up (shuttle) and then just a few days later met me in FL and unloaded the van just as quick. Although some of the assistants were different in the two locations the driver ws the same and extremely helpful and friendly. They were professional and the price quoted me was not changed or altered in any way. Definitly recommend.

MusicMom

Re: Update on A. Arnold Moving

Postby MusicMom » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:43 pm

Thank you for the reply. For anyone interested, here is the original thread:

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10169

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:12 pm

ngriffis wrote:Although some of the assistants were different in the two locations the driver ws the same . . .

That's the recipe for success. Thanks so much for this good review, which is the first we have of A. Arnold. I'll add it to my Superlist linked to below.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

blue

Postby blue » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:02 am

some of the assistants were different in the two locations the driver was the same

This is interesting, since A. Arnold advertises 'single crew' service.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:40 pm

Where does it advertise that, blue? I know from prior posts that A. Arnold has other reputable moving companies do surveys for it and (I seem to remember) even store things in their warehouses if necessary.

blue

Postby blue » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:36 pm

Single-Source Service

One of the biggest differences between A. Arnold and other major van lines is our use of a single moving team from the start to the finish of every move. Most other van lines use an agent system, which means that there may be several different crews working on one move. In fact, in some cases, there may be up to ten different entities involved in a single move. That’s a lot of hands – and a lot of chances for mistakes.

With A. Arnold, however, every move is assigned to a single driver and crew that perform 100% of the services needed. From the first box packed to the last box unpacked, your belongings are in the experienced hands of the same A. Arnold team. Your move will also be assigned to a single move coordinator who will be with you and the moving crew from start to finish. Having all relocation services performed by a single team gives complete quality control over the entire moving process – and gives you greater peace of mind.

From their web site.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:44 pm

Hmmm . . . nothing like consumer reviews to bring the real truth out in the open. :wink:

I still think A. Arnold is very good, though.

blue

Postby blue » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:49 pm

I still think A. Arnold is very good, though.

No question. Very solid. One of the best. However, exceptions do occur, and that statement seems to leave them a little vunerable, particularly on a site such as this.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:09 pm

Well, let's see how long it takes before their website wording is updated. :wink:

blue

Postby blue » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:30 pm

Possibly it should read 'single crew service on almost every move'.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:20 pm

Coincidentally, there was a similar report recently about South Hills Movers using different crews for loading and unloading on a cross-country move despite the fact that they also are supposed to have a single crew throughout - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10481

The customer noticed the difference in quality between the regular employees and the casual labor picked up at destination. Too expensive to send a crew all that distance across many states.

blue

Postby blue » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:09 am

The customer noticed the difference in quality between the regular employees and the casual labor picked up at destination. Too expensive to send a crew all that distance across many states.

That's exactly right. It becomes a situation where the agent/driver has to measure economies versus a guarantee of quality. Securing quality foriegn labor on the destination end can sometimes be a roll of the proverbial dice. Every driver/agent would prefer to work (particularly their own bookings) with single crews. Sometimes it's just not possible.

I didn't mean to pick on A. Arnold. I have a lot of respect and admiration for what they do. But in all honesty, while a lot of companies will dangle the 'single crew service' carrot to close a sale, it's not always going to be a reality.

Return to “Open Community”