Uncle Bob's Self Storage -- anyone have any experience?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Uncle Bob's Self Storage -- anyone have any experience?

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:13 pm

I'm in the process of orchestrating a move from the San Francisco Bay area to the Cleveland, Ohio, area. The self-storage facility closest to our destination appears to be Uncle Bob's Self Storage (www.unclebobs.com). I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them at all. A search of the forums turned up nothin'.

Thanks folks!
-joe in Albany, CA

ps. We're almost definitely going with Moovers as our transport, based mainly on the reviews here (well, that and their reasonable rates). You folks sure steered me right with Delancey for my last in-town move and I'm hoping Moovers will turn out to be as nice a surprise.

JohnnyHighGround

Re: *Uncle Bob's Self Storage -- anyone have any experience?

Postby JohnnyHighGround » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:07 pm

Thought I'd follow up myself: We went with Uncle Bob's in Avon, OH, and they're really great. We got a 10x15 climate-controlled, interior unit for $113 a month. (Coming from a 10x10 Public Storage unit for $250 in San Francisco, that was quite a delightful surprise.) The complex seems quite new, and the interior is extremely clean, dry, and a solid 65 degrees or so (in winter; I think they go up to mid- to high- 70s in summer). The folks at the desk were extremely friendly and helpful.

One thing I really like about this property is that, unlike Public in Richmond, CA, you don't have to enter a code upon exiting the property -- the gate opens automatically. That's convenience!

So there you have it.

-joe, now in Westlake, OH

Return to “Open Community”