Decision Made!

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Elletrod

Decision Made!

Postby Elletrod » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:03 pm

Hello All,

I've finally decided on which mover to use for my move from NJ to Virginia.

It was between Mayflower's Central Moving Systems and Atlas' University Van Lines, both of NJ.

I decided to go with University.

I really do not have any negative comments against Central, it was just a feeling I had (not to mention the great reviews University received from this site.) Also, I feel like Mike Carolan is very straight forward and open. I ask a question and there's an answer...no um's and oh's.
It was a tough decision, and although Central's estimate was slightly lower, I felt more comfortable going with University.

My move is scheduled for Jan. 5 for a delivery of Jan. 9. I will post an extensive review of my move as a whole and of each person, in particular. Hopefully, University will continue their streak of great reviews after my move.

Again, your site has been invaluble to me and my family. Thanks to all the people have been so helpful to me via private message...thank you thank you,

elletrod
"We are our worst critics...so listen and take heed!"

MusicMom

Re: Decision Made!

Postby MusicMom » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:06 pm

Yay! It was a nail-biting trail from your first few posts to this one. My cuticles are destroyed. :wink:

I know we're all crossing our fingers for you, and are looking forward to your end-result posts.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:14 pm

Congrats! Let us know how it goes! Happy Moving!

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:40 pm

I'm hoping that University is doing this as a self-haul.... The transit spread is a bit short for an interstate shipment, unless they already have the load pretty much built.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:53 am

I spoke with one of the owners about it. He is in fact planning to do a self-haul. I too am happy that the decision is made. It was a long road for everybody.

Elletrod

Postby Elletrod » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:38 am

Wow! Was I that bad? :oops:

But seriously... Thank you so much.
"We are our worst critics...so listen and take heed!"

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:55 pm

You're very welcome. The detail that you posted has given us a lot of useful information (for example, about how the various sales reps handled things), some of which I've already added to the Superlist. We all look forward to your final report!
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”