Thanks! My move went well!!!

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Trish_in_Illinois

Thanks! My move went well!!!

Postby Trish_in_Illinois » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:50 pm

I just wanted to say thanks to the board. My move is over and it went very well.

I called the Illinois Movers' and Warehousemen's Association (IMAWA) to check out some reputable movers that would transport my things about 150 miles intrastate. I ended up using Hayes and Sons Moving and Storage in Chicago. They are fairly small, had no complaints and I had a really great experience with them.

The quote was very close to the actual charges, I think the actual was about $200 more. They came out to the house and did a written extimate. They arrived exactly on time. They got everything loaded, and NOTHING was damaged. They were professional, and were even good with my kids. I had them store my things for 4 days, and they arrived as scheduled, on time to unload. They were quick and efficient, it only took them about 4 hours to unload and assemble my furniture.

Just wanted to post this here. I really appreciate the asssistance I received from the forum.

Sincerely,

Trish King

Move Up

Re: Thanks! My move went well!!!

Postby Move Up » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:33 pm

Wonderful!!! Any chance you told the relocation company this? They/we always love to hear these things. Shannon
Shannon Price
Director of Corporate Sales

Knowledge is Power.

Trish in Illinois

Postby Trish in Illinois » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:57 pm

Thanks for the reminder, Shannon. I just sent the owner an email.

Trish
:-)

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:56 pm

Thanks for this review, Trish. Do I understand correctly that you got the name of this company from someone at the IMAWA?
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Trish in Illinois

Postby Trish in Illinois » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:20 am

Diane,

I actually was referred to the by family. They moved my cousin and my aunt earlier this year. I then chekced them out through IMAWA, and was given a good recommendation.

Return to “Open Community”