UPDATE on Clancy Moving in Patterson,NY

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
BIGMIKE

UPDATE on Clancy Moving in Patterson,NY

Postby BIGMIKE » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:47 pm

Hi everyone just wanted to update you guys on our move with Clancy Moving(United) Move was scheduled for the 26th of Dec. at 730 in the morning. On the 26 Clancy called me and said that their driver that will be transporting my belongings car broke down on the way into work. I thought great hear it goes. Well after talking with the driver he said that they can have another group of guys still come and pack everything. I told him NO I wanted to meet the man who was going to be responsible for my belongings. We rescheduled for the 27th @ 700am. The 27th arrived and at 730 this huge 18 wheeler comes down the side street to me street. Joe the driver for Clancy was unable to reverse the truck down my street cause of a drainage hole. (I lived next to a lake) After reversing all the way back down the way he came , 35 minutes later here comes the truck backing up the other way. needless to say Joe was able to back down my street. At first I thought that I was going to have to pay for a shuttle. They had a total of three guys and my house was empty within 5 1/2 hrs...... My property made it to Charlotte,NC on the 4th like we scheduled. I was unable to be there for the delivery but my brother told me that everything was fine, and nothing was broken. After everything was in storage Joe advised my brother that we were getting a refund of $360.00 because it came in under weight. I have to say that this whole process of moving was hectic but the people at Clancy made me feel at ease. My moving Coordinator was Dan Cross and he was wonderful. I went to office/wharehouse and it was amazing. They even gave me boxes for everything I needed. In closing I have to say that CLANCY MOVING(UNITED) of Patterson,NY was a great company and I would highly recommend them to anyone. Thank you Movingscam.com for all your great information without you guys I think my move would have cost me 2times as much and maybe a horrible ordeal Thank You M Thompson

Diane

Re: UPDATE on Clancy Moving in Patterson,NY

Postby Diane » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:39 pm

Thanks for this review. For those interested, this is the runup to your move - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10631

You posted that Clancy gave you a GNTE for 9300 pounds with a 67% discount, which others seemed to think was a very high discount.

Return to “Open Community”