WAS NMN NOW WESTERN RELOCATION AKA PAUL ARPIN VAN LINES

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
pscamguy

WAS NMN NOW WESTERN RELOCATION AKA PAUL ARPIN VAN LINES

Postby pscamguy » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:31 pm

Hey all:

This is the guy who is moving to South Dakota and was going to use National Moving Network and Midwest Relocaters. Please look at my new possibiltiy with Western Relocation and Paul Arpin Van Lines. Anyone have any good experience with these folks? Directmove.com rated this company with five stars all the way. Please let me know. I DEPEND ON YOU :lol:

pscamguy

Re: WAS NMN NOW WESTERN RELOCATION AKA PAUL ARPIN VAN LINES

Postby pscamguy » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:35 pm

View / Compare All Estimates

Western Relocations
When it comes time to moving your home or business Western Relocations Inc can assist you from the beginning of the project to the placement of the very last piece. Our crews use specialized equipment to secure your goods and transport them safely. Planning and organization play key roles in a successful move, as does your moving company. At Western, we believe that you will find moving with us to be a well organized, efficient experience and we have developed this web site to ease your move along.

At Westernrelo.com you will find many answers to your questions about how to prepare yourself, your family or a business for a successful move. Thank you for letting Western Relocations Inc have the opportunity to be a part in your upcoming relocation.

Movers WebSite
http://www.westernrelo.com
Contact This Mover
Request ID#: 214381 Estimated Weight: 4041.6lbs
Qty Description Unit Price Amount
1 4100lbs $2,245.00 $2,245.00

Total($USD) $ 2,245.00
Reputation on MoveDirect:
Punctuality
Handling Goods
Professionalism
Final price
Overall Rating
Member Since 11-MAY-01
# of Comments 7

Mover Contact Information
Phone: 714-535-6003
Fax: 714-535-4690
Email: western2311@aol.com
State: Anaheim , CA
Extra Info:

Included Services:
Assembly of Furniture
Disassembly of Furniture
Standard Valuation
Transportation/Fuel Costs

Important!!!
Relocating out of State?
Please read about YOUR RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES WHEN YOU MOVE.

The price given by this mover is a NON-BINDING estimate based on the information you provided. Following an inspection by a representative of the moving company, and based upon the results of that inspection, the price may be altered.

We highly recommend that prior to your moving date you get a written estimate from your mover. Any contract for moving services is strictly between yourself and the Mover.

Movedirect.net is not responsible for any disagreement between yourself and the Mover or for any action of your mover including the loss, theft or damage to any of your possessions caused by your mover or their employees.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS ORGANIZATION

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:04 pm

Do you have their DOT# and/or MC#? We need those to make sure we're researching the right company.

Tyrone

Postby Tyrone » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:19 pm

One immediate red flag is that you used MoveDirect, which is a web-based moving broker. Brokers add NO value to a move and merely increase the overall cost to you. Worse, the percentage of web-based moving brokers that are scam operations is astronomically high. PLEASE, take the time to read the article "How To Find A Reputable Mover." Step 1 is to get off the Internet when trying to identify potential companies to move you. (Once you have identified them and they have come to your house to do live, in-house estimates, then come back here and post the results. We'll help walk you through it from there. Immediately eliminate ANY company that balks at doing an in-home estimate.)

pscamguy

Postby pscamguy » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:41 pm

I did a web based Google search for Paul Arpin Van Lines and this company is exclusively run by Paul Arpin Van Lines. I went to the movers site at www.westernrelo.com and it looked great. Could find no problem using Google for anyone and actually movedirect is not really a broker............they just are a central place where independents and line carriers can do bids for people. Does this sound reasonable to you? Cannot find anything bad at all about either Westernrelo.com or Paul Arpin Van Lines. Please let me know what you think.

pscamguy

Postby pscamguy » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:47 pm

Saturday, March 20, 2002

Welcome To Western Relocations, Inc For Immediate assistance click the live operator button on this page or at the top of all other pages and a salesperson will assist you with any questions you may have.

Free No Obligation Estimate

Home
About Us
Estimate
Residential
Corporate
Office/Industrial
Storage
Supplies
Logistics
International

Moving can be one of the most stressful, complicated and time-consuming events a person faces in a lifetime.

To help ease the way click on the live operator button to the left. A salesperson will be available from 8am-5pm Monday-Friday PST to answer any of your moving questions!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes time to moving your home or business Western Relocations, Inc. can assist you from the beginning of the project to the placement of the very last piece. Our crews use specialized equipment to secure your goods and transport them safely. Planning and organization play key roles in a successful move, as does your moving company. At Western, we believe that you will find moving with us to be a well organized, efficient experience and we have developed this web site to ease your move along.

At Westernrelo.com you will find many answers to your questions about how to prepare yourself, your family or a business for a successful move. Thank you for letting Western Relocations, Inc. have the opportunity to be a part in your upcoming relocation.

Sincerely,

Mike Evans, President
CREATING CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE!

WESTERN RELOCATIONS, INC

Is a Premier Agent For Paul Arpin Van Lines Providing Relocations For Families And Businesses Worldwide.

Cal-T-189259

ICC #MC621

Home | About Us | Residential | Corporate | Office & Industrial | Estimate | Logistics | Storage | Supplies

Please do your magic and tell me what you can find out about these people. They seem excellent to me and perhaps one of my more move savvy friends can check out the ICC MC information for me.

pscamguy

Postby pscamguy » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:58 pm

I really feel good about this particular company. Movedirect.com is NOT a broker.........just more like a clearing house for companies.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:39 pm

you're right, MoveDirect itself is not a broker. But, if you plug in you information, then all sorts of brokers (LIKE NMN) and other companies can come trolling for your business. For that reason, you might as well just think of these websites as brokers.

I'll see what i can find using those numbers you listed.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:12 pm

well, P, I haven't been able to find anything bad OR good about Western Relocations, Inc. Thier affiliate, Paul Arpin, has an ok record, but maybe someone else will have more luck.

HELP ME OUT HERE GUYS:
I don't really know the California PUC system very well. Does the fact that a company has a MC# that belongs to its parent company, and a Cal-T # mean that it can't do interstate moves? Must it have its own MC# and a DOT# to travel across state lines, such as P needs?

pscamguy

Postby pscamguy » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:31 pm

The ICC MC # is for moving companies such as Paul Arpin. I got five estimates. Three were from Independents with DOT numbers .......one was Paul Arpin and one was Allied. Movedirect uses a six star rating for the people that do bids with them. Paul Arpin had 5.5 stars all the way around from Safety to Dependability to Cost and everything in between. Some of the other carriers that did bids had like three stars and they were more expensive. I think I finally hit a great company even though it was through a bid system and I will certainly let everyone know when I get back there. When you have as many people using the Internet as do, and you can't find anything bad about a company at all..........I would say that is definitely a GOOD THING.

pscamguy

Postby 23 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:36 pm

Guy,

Here's the problem that you are missing:

Everywhere on this site you have people telling you not to post your information on the internet and let movers contact you. You are giving them 100% control.

You need to take charge and follow our advice listed under "How to Find a Reputable Mover".

If you want to continue on the path you are taking, we will be of no help here!

pscamguy

Postby pscamguy » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:45 pm

I ahove signed no contracts with anyone yet. What I don't get is why someone could not understand that a person might actually be able to get to a reputable carrier through the Internet. I am reviewing the contract that was sent to me and it says right on the contract that Paul Arpin Van Lines IS THE CARRIER and since they have no problems that I can find.......perhaps you could explain why you feel that EVERYONE is bad because of some scary Florida moving brokers. This company is located within one hundred miles of my home and Paul Arpin is HQ in Warwick RI. Now tell me what the problem you see is?

Postby 23 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:49 pm

Pscam,

I am not here to argue with you. If you feel comfortable with this company in whcih you found through the internet, go ahead and schedule.

I know for a fact they have not come to your house to do an in home estimate which is a must.

Like I said, use our resources, follow our advice, or move on!

Good luck.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:00 pm

Ok. here is the scooby doo.

I have worked for Paul Arpin Van Lines in the past. They are not the biggest van line, and they are located in the smallest state in the union -- Rhode Island. West Warwick to be exact. It is a family run business started by Paul Arpin, and is still run by the Arpin family.

They are very customer oriented, and are the official movers of Major League Baseball..

And I can say with out any doubt that they are not affilliated with any moving brokers and/or forwarders. They have their own International Division, and have all necesarry powers WITHOUT brokering out.

Lee
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Postby 23 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:33 pm

I don't think their competence is being questioned here.

This morning Pscam had a signed contract with NMN. Now he wants to use a company that he 1) found on movedirect.net which we all know sells to any mover that will pay for the lead, and 2) has jumped to this conclusion without having estimators come to his house and do an in home estimate.

Basically what has happened is Pscam has told movedirect how much stuff he thinks he is moving. The movers have based their estimates solely on his predictions. This is setting one up for failure no matter who you are!

Here are some of the steps that are recommended on this site in selecting a reputable mover:

The first thing that you should do is put down your keyboard and step away from your computer. While there are some reputable moving companies that have web sites, nearly all of the victims that contact us found their moving company on the Internet.

Your next step is to pick up your phone book, or call your local real estate agents and find at least three moving companies that have offices in your area.

Set up appointments for them to come to your house and do an in-home estimate in the order of your least favorite to your most favorite company. If they won't come to your house to do an in-home estimate, hang up and find another company. Find out up front if the company will be doing the move themselves, or if they will be sub-contracting out the job. If they won't be moving you, then move on. You should also visit their office and make sure that the company is who they say they are.

These are the first steps. Sorry for not quoting all of the advice given, but wanted to make sure Pscam knew what I was talking about.

Return to “Open Community”