Positive Review of Affordable Moving Co. (Chicago, IL)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
jvs205

Positive Review of Affordable Moving Co. (Chicago, IL)

Postby jvs205 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:20 pm

I had a very positive experience using Affordable Moving ( www.affordablechicago.com ) for my local move in Chicago earlier this week. I had researched in advance, including asking around on this forum, and looking the company up on the Better Business Bureau and Interstate Commerce Commission websites (zero complaints in the past year). They quoted me a reasonable rate for a local move: $125/hour for a three-man crew, with a 3-hour minimum, plus a half hour charge for time spent getting to/from the moving location.

The company called me several days in advance to confirm. The movers were on time, courteous, very efficient, and very careful with my belongings. Everything arrived in great condition. It took them 4 hours total, despite the fact that it was snowing the entire time. (This was for about 50 boxes plus a one-bedroom apartment's worth of furniture.) They used drop cloths in my new place to avoid dirtying up my new carpet. There was no deposit required in advance, and I was able to pay by credit card. Overall, I would highly recommend the company if you're doing a local move in the Chicago area.

farrah7031

Re: Positive Review of Affordable Moving Co. (Chicago, IL)

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:37 pm

This is the original thread. Thanks for posting an update!
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10741

Diane

Re: Positive Review of Affordable Moving Co. (Chicago, IL)

Postby Diane » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:40 pm

Thanks for this review, which I've added to my Superlist linked to below. Incidentally, I couldn't make its website work but its phone number is 773-637-3131. It does advertise on www.123movers.com, which we normally regard as a red flag because that site has many scammers on it, but your experience seems to have been very positive. I notice, too, that Pat McLaughlin of the IMAWA praised it previously, a very good sign.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”