GM Van Lines - Has anybody hear of them?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
celticguy

GM Van Lines - Has anybody hear of them?

Postby celticguy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:45 pm

GM Van Lines
USDOT#1568346
MC#581609
IM#1447
AMSA

farrah7031

Re: GM Van Lines - Has anybody hear of them?

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:58 pm

THey have had their interstate license revoked!
http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... al_name=GM^VAN^LINES^INC&pv_pref_docket=MC581609&pv_usdot_no=1568346&pv_vpath=LIVIEW

Sad too, because they only had the license for a little over a month.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:05 pm

They had it revoked because they changed their name in late January, and the insurance info wasn't sent over. Wonder what it is now?

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:39 am

Sunbiz said they changed their address in early Jan, but they're still listed under GM Van Lines. I looked up the officers to see if there were any incorporations under their names, and there were not.

They're just right down the road from Top Relocation - maybe they should give them a call!

Tired of the Low Balling

Postby Tired of the Low Balling » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:51 pm

Can u plz instruct the consumer to stop requesting to be moved for next to nothing. Really, its getting rediculous. I give a reputable quote and the consumer comes back with "thats way too much i can get this done for way cheaper". Well as you know that if the drivers and laborers are not making the correct money for a job they will not do the above and beyond work. This is the root of all complaints in this business. If the consumer is aware that you get what you pay for (i know thats not right either) in trhis business. They have to be aware that it cost alot of money to fill their tanks and to lug their pullout sofa and carry to the truck. The consumer is always looking for the cheapest deal and they will get the low ball but if things don't go as smooth as they wanted its all the moving companies falt. So instruct them that it is going to cost over $500 to move 6800 lbs going 2900 miles. Really you know I'm right in this.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:57 pm

Interesting that you decided to post your thoughts on this thread....

Anyways, we do tell the customer to expect to be moved by a full service mover for about a $1 per pound. We let them know they can do it themselves for cheaper using a You Load-They Drive scenario, but they must provide the labor and packing and they, themselves, will be responsible for any damages to their goods.

Tired of the Low Balling

Postby Tired of the Low Balling » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:01 pm

Ask the consumer to put themselves in the drivers and laborers shoes. They have families too!!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:08 pm

Can u plz instruct the consumer to stop requesting to be moved for next to nothing. Really, its getting rediculous

I don't remember any customer REQUESTING such a low price, they are offered by the movers without any prompting. The movers flooding the customer's inbox are competing with each other for the lowest price on paper, to just get the business. Then all hell breaks loose.

If you're so pissed that drivers and foreman aren't making the money they're worth, then start working for a company that charges fair prices and passes it on to the workers.

I bet I can go to any find a mover site right now, request a move, post all the prices, and you would laugh yourself silly at the half-price numbers coming from the emails. And I will laugh at the names.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:09 pm

And I think it's important to point out that you, "Tired", previously posted that Top Relocation, a broker, did a wonderful job for you, without mentioning the DRIVERS and LABORERS who were doing the work. Talk about practicing what you preach!

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 4131#64131

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:12 pm

They also posted as "signed docs" on this thread about being a broker:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7061#67061

Which is why I said above that it was interesting they were posting on this thread - as I just happened to mention "Top Relocation" flippantly.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:29 pm

Nobody is pissed, just want the customer to watch out for a low ball price. And believe it or not their are people in this business who do care and want a move to happen with no problems. And beleive it or not that their are moves that go down perfect. You just hear about the ones that don't go so smooth. Especially on this site you only hear the negative never positive. Admit that every moving company on this planet has complaints. So come back with your always negative responses Which you guys are so good at.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:31 pm

Also have no idea what you are talking about with the other threads.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:41 pm

Anonymous wrote:Especially on this site you only hear the negative never positive.

That's mostly true, but we do hear some positive reviews - especially people that come back to report on how their move went - after we referred them away from the scammers and they used a reputable moving company.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:44 pm

Anonymous wrote:Also have no idea what you are talking about with the other threads.

We have the ability to see which IP address from which someone is posting. You, or someone in the same location, have posted on all of those threads from the same IP address.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:06 pm

Dang, Farrah beat me to it. I knew she would having been scammed by your company, Top Relocation.

Especially on this site you only hear the negative never positive.

Not true, the 5-page Superlist of Moving Company Reviews is mostly good reviews provided by MovingScam posters. The few companies that are on the list with :evil: signs are the ones that really deserve mention.

Return to “Open Community”