Another good move with Rainbow (agent of NAVL), MA

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
nojojojo

Another good move with Rainbow (agent of NAVL), MA

Postby nojojojo » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:46 pm

Just wanted to relate my positive interstate move experience from Boston to New York this week past.

After reading the Superlist here on MovingScam, I contacted Rainbow and Paul Taylor, each of which were agent-companies of North American Van Lines and United Van Lines respectively. Both were willing to do an in-home estimate; both sent professional, polite people to do this. I picked Rainbow because they gave me a GNTE; Paul Taylor gave me a Binding Estimate (which was $400 more than Rainbow's).

Throughout the process Rainbow was great. They checked in with me frequently to see that I'd received the paperwork, did I need any moving supplies, did I have any questions about the upcoming move, etc. On moving day they showed up right on time and did the move in about 2 hours (I had a packed 1-br). Although in the initial estimate they'd said they would deliver in 1 to 3 days, they had my stuff in New York the *next* day, which was wonderful. The weight of my shipment actually came in a little higher than estimated, but with the GNTE I was OK. The guys were polite and professional, and visibly took great care with all my stuff (even though most of it is cheap particleboard crap ^_^).

So I wholeheartedly recommend them!

nojojojo

Diane

Re: Another good move with Rainbow (agent of NAVL), MA

Postby Diane » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:25 pm

Thanks so much for your positive review, which I'm glad to say is the fifth one we needed to give Rainbow a "thumbsup" rating on our Superlist linked to below. A lot of people come here who are moving from Boston to New York City, and Rainbow is looking like a very good company for them to consider.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”