Anyone know about Perry Moving and Storage in Jessup, MD?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
kcap

Anyone know about Perry Moving and Storage in Jessup, MD?

Postby kcap » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:26 am

We are seriously considering using Perry Moving and Storage to move us from Ellicott City, MD to Winchester, VA. Anyone have good experiences using this company? We called several references and they were all happy and their info on this site looked good, too. The owner, Richard Perry, came out to give the estimate and he was warm, friendly and gave us a good estimate and made us feel secure. Thanks.

MusicMom

Re: Anyone know about Perry Moving and Storage in Jessup, MD?

Postby MusicMom » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:42 am

They look OK to me. This is the first time they've been mentioned here, which for a Jessup-based mover, is a good thing. :wink:

There was a license revocation for 7 days in Sept of 2005, but those kinds of things are often insurance snafus. If it was a longer duration, or happened more than once, I would be more concerned.

You might want to quietly discuss with Mr. Perry that you expect the mover with the alcohol possession ticket is no longer in his employ.

What did they estimate?

Are you planning on getting any other estimates for comparison?

Enjoy Winchester! I'm an SU alumnus.

kcap

Postby kcap » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:07 pm

They gave us a quote of $5500 for 15,500 #. Many of our other movers quoted in a wide range from $4400 to $6800 with weights anywhere from 14,500 to 18,000 #.and wanted me to pack up most of the house! A couple of the movers did not check out on this web site or the others you link to, so this is why we are considering this mover. I called and found out it was indeed a snafu in changing insurance before the new policy went into effect. Thanks for the input How did you learn of the alcohol possession charge?

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:17 pm

About the alcohol possession, it's a little complicated but if you click on "SafeStat Results" at the upper right of the Company Snapshot page on safersys.org, and then click on the bottom "authorization" bar on the next page (if it appears), and then on "Driver" at the top left on the next page that comes up, and then on "DriverOOS Violation Summary" on the dropdown menu in the center of the next page under "Driver Inspection Results," you'll see that a driver was taken out of service for possible recent alcohol use in FL in June 2006.

I think this company looks pretty good and I'm going to add it to our Superlist linked to below. Please do come back to report on your move so we can add to our database.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:50 pm

Here's the direct link to the inspection report:
http://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SafeStat/Inspec ... dot=966254

Return to “Open Community”