WHAT CAN WE DO? ITS BEEN 8 WEEKS!

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
MSVICTORA

WHAT CAN WE DO? ITS BEEN 8 WEEKS!

Postby MSVICTORA » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:40 pm

WE SIGNED A CONTRACT TO HAVE OUR HOME SHIPPED FROM FT MYERS TO MINESOTA. THE OWNER OF ABC MOVING CAME TO OUR HOME, GAVE US A WRITTEN ESTIMATE & WAS VERY KIND. AFTER EVAULUATING OTHER OFFERS, WE DECIDED TO GO WITH ABC MOVING. WE WERE TOLD THAT OUR STUFF WOULD BE DELIVERED WITHIN 7-14 DAYS OF PICK-UP.
THEY ARRIVED AS SCHEDULED, PACKED AND LOADED OUR GOODS. WE WERE TOLD OUR STUFF WOULD BE TRANSFERRED TO A STORAGE FACILITY NAD FROM THERE WOULD BE LOADED ONTO A SEMI & DELIVERED TO US.
THEY PICKED UP DECEMBER 30TH. BY JANUARY 20TH, WE WERE HYSTERICAL WITH THIS COMPANY WHEN OUR STUFF HAD STILL NOT COME.
FINALLY ON THE 29TH, OUR STUFF ARRIVED. WE PAID THE AMOUNT AGREED UPON, MINUS $200 FOR HTE DELAY.
TOWARDS THE END OF THE UNLAODING, WE STARTED TO NOTICE QUITE A BIT OF SUTFF WAS MISSING, OUR GRILL, BAKERS RACK, BOX OF SHOES, CLOTHES, ETC...QUITE A BIT OF STUFF. THE MOVERS STATED THEY WOULD REPORT IT TO THE COMPANY. WHEN I CONTACTED THE OWNER, HE STATED THEY KNEW THAT NOT ALL HAD BEEN DELIVERED, THAT THE MOVERS WERE SUPPOSED TO TELL US THAT. HE ALSO INFOMRED ME THAT HE "KNOWS THAT ITS WINTER THERE AND YOU ARE NOT IN NEED OF YOUR GRILL RIGHT NOW."
SINCE THEN, I HAVE CALLED, EMAILED, WROTE, WITH NO RESPONSE, BESIDES - WHEN WE HAVE A TRUCK GOING UP THAT WAY, WE WILL CALL YOU. THEY DO NOT WANT ANYMORE MONEY, THEY JUST ARENT WILLING TO DELIVER UNTIL THEY ARE READY.
MY QUESTIONS -
ISNT THIS BREACH OF CONTRACT?
THEY ARE FRANCHISED THRU BEKINS, SO I ASSUME THEY HAVE A MEAN LEGAL GROUP, BUT REGARDLESS, SHOULD WE SEEK THE ADVICE OF AN ATTORNEY AND IF SO, WHAT KIND?
WE HAVE HAD TO BUY NEW TOWELS, NEW MAKEUP NEW SHOES, BASICALLY LIKE STARTING OVER. WE HAVE CHECKED WITH HOME OWNERS INSURANCE, AND THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO DO ANYTHING.
WHAT CAN WE DO?

THANK YOU FOR AN HELP OR ADVICE. WE REALLY NEED IT!

WE DID FILE A COMPLAINT ON HERE, BUT I JUST DONT EVEN KNWO WHERE TO START FROM THERE.

VA

farrah7031

Re: WHAT CAN WE DO? ITS BEEN 8 WEEKS!

Postby farrah7031 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:14 pm

First of all, please give us the website or address of the ABC Moving that picked up your goods.

If they're a Bekins agent, you should be calling their HQ and demanding they help you out.

The second thing you should do is contact Move Rescue at www.moverescue.com. They can put you in contact with an attorney and maybe they can convince ABC to deliver your things.

Make a list of everything that's missing.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:21 pm

ABC Moving isn't part of All My Sons, are they?

MSVICTORA

Postby MSVICTORA » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:34 pm

Oops, sorry, SPS Moving & Storage (Sunshine Pack & Ship?) I wasnt sure if I could put thier real name on here without getting sued by them, but I guess I should. I thought maybe defamation or something and wasnt sure

I did call moving rescue and left a message for a call back.

I am not sure how to contact Bekins about this, I did file a complaint with the FL BBB, but I heard thats worthless nad they arent even a memeber, but have other complaints. I also have wrote to my SAO nad FL SAO.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:44 pm

Ok, this must be the company you're referring to:
http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... ath=LIVIEW

Did you get a Bill Of Lading, or a Service Order number on it?

You can try to contact them online here:
http://www.bekins.com/contact/contactform.html

Otherwise you can call them at:
Bekins Van Lines LLC
330_S._Mannheim_Rd
Hillside, IL 60162
708-547-2000
info@bekinsmoving.com

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:46 pm

Unfortunately, I have heard a similar story before, with a Bekins franchise. Bekins Corporate was very helpful in that case dealing with the local mover.

Let us know what you hear.

MSVICTORA

Postby MSVICTORA » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:48 pm

THANK YOU - I WILL ATTEMPT TO CONTACT THEM RIGHT AWAY. THANK YOU

ulknice2day

Postby ulknice2day » Tue May 22, 2007 10:13 am

We had many problems with SPS as well. We used the company last year when it was called Sunshine Pack and Ship in North Ft. Myers, at the same address.
Randy Thomas is the owner. He came out and did the written estimate.
He apparently underestimated the amount by almost half. The weight of the truck was wrong, by 5,000 lbs. Of course in their favor, not ours.
He never gave an estimate even close to the amount charged.
When the driver called with the amount we were totally shocked.
There was no written inventory at the time of delivery. After repeated calls, e-mails, and faxes, the inventory showed up special delivery 3 weeks later. 2 outside umbrellas and a treadmill were written on the inventory but these were NOT items we had.
Several pieces of furniture were damaged by the movers. They alos damaged our floors, by not covering them and dropping heavy pieces of furniture several times.
I called immediately and was told by Randy Thomas to send in a claim.
I had to request a claim form from the office more than once.
Rather than inspect the items damaged pictures wer requested. We sent pictures FED EX within a month. We sent measurements and weights of each item damaged and missing.
Several months laterafter repeated calls, faxes, e-mails we received a check for less than a fraction of what the repair/replacement is.
There was no explaination, just a letter sent by E. Caroline Thomas with a partial list and the check. We informed tham we would not cash their check.
We tried to contact the SPS and Randy Thomas repeatedly, no response.
We contacted the state and sent all the information. An inspector was sent out and apparently issued a fine(s) the company to the state of Florida as well as the BBB.
Mr. Thomas, SPS, Thomas Logisitcs, now doing business as Bekins.We were informed by local authorities after we paid in full that Movers [b][b]MUST[/b] BY LAW[/b] unload your belongings, even if there is dispute, WITHOUT payment FIRST.

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat May 26, 2007 11:29 pm

If SPS wasn't a Bekins agent when these bad moves took place, then Bekins may not do anything except (possibly) consider dropping them as a van line agent. In any case, I added SPS to the Superlist with a warning not to use them, referencing this thread.

Return to “Report A Scam”