* AAA Heartland Worldwide Moving and Storage - Indiana - Review

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
htw

* AAA Heartland Worldwide Moving and Storage - Indiana - Review

Postby htw » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:58 pm

I moved from central Indiana (Lafayette) to Houston, TX in the end of January this year and benefited a lot from this community. I would like to share my experience with the mover - AAA Heartland Worldwide Moving and Storage.

I followed the procedure that MOVINGSCAM recommended to call several local agents. And they were very willing to come to do an estimation. Although none of them gave Not-To-Exceed estimate, I think it should be OK since they are big vanlines' agents (United, Allied, Red Ball, Mayflowers). Finally I picked AAA Heartland Worldwide Moving and Storage, which is an agent of Allied Van lines (website). They are also an agent of North American. They offered me free boxes and were able to hold my stuff at their warehouse with no additional charge. And their weight estimate was about average among those four. Two different people were assigned to do the moving for me. The one (David) did the estimation was on vacation so another person (Adam) helped me through rest of the moving. They are really nice people and easy to work with.

One more thing to mention was Superior Moving & Storage (Red Ball) in Crawfordsville, Indiana. They are 20 miles away from where I lived but since I saw it was on the review list (here), I gave them a call anyway. Their weight estimate was the lowest therefor the total expense, they also offered free storage, but they did not have free boxes. I was thinking that if the Allied agent did not work out I will go with Red Ball.

Others were just smooth. The day they came and picked up my stuff. I did the packing myself. They packed my beds and pictures. Then they left and called me back to let me know the weight and final charges. The total weight was 3032 lb and total is $2414.01 (I think this price is about average?). Their estimates was 3500 lb (Red Ball's estimates was 30xx lb, too accurate :D ).

On the day that the driver was supposed to pick up my stuff from their warehouse, I called Adam and he told me that the driver (Brett) will come in in a a few hours and the delivery window.

Unload was also smooth. The driver with a helper from local Allied agent came with a 18-wheeler. It took them about 3 hours to unload my stuff. nothing missing, nothing broken.

Moving is not an easy work. I hope I do not need to move again in a short period. I still have my boxes unpacked sitting in the living room. Thank MovingScam.com for providing so much useful information. Good luck to all others who have to move :D

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with AAA Heartland Worldwide Moving and Storage. These are my own personal experience. Your experience may vary.
Last edited by htw on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farrah7031

Re: * AAA Heartland Worldwide Moving and Storage - Indiana - Review

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:00 pm

Thanks for coming back to post this review.

Return to “Open Community”