Questions for NYC to NC move

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
motleyfan

Questions for NYC to NC move

Postby motleyfan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:47 am

Thank you Tim for this site!!!

I have three quotes all of which were done on site and I just wanted to get some recent experiences with Dahill located in Brooklyn and University Vanlines in NJ. I also have a non-binding quote from Verity Van lines which is on the low end and they do not accept credit cards. Also, I received an estimate from a good company that was not signed by the estimator and decided not to go with them based on that. Is that being a little crazy. Thanks for your help

Jay

MusicMom

Re: Questions for NYC to NC move

Postby MusicMom » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:24 am

Verity looks like an OK company. Why is their estimate lower? compare them and see if anything was left out, or if the other guys included things as "just in case"s.

motleyfan

Postby motleyfan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:42 am

Thank you MusicMom!!

One reason was that no shuttle would be charged since it is off-peak and the weight estimate is different by 5oo pounds lower. This is also Non-binding where as I have an Opt C and Atlas has the Assured Price Protection. Might be more comforting to go with the Opt C.

Michael

Postby Michael » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:22 pm

Opt c and Atlas APP are the same thing. Guaranteed price not to exceed based on the inventory and quote given and Order for Service signed by you.

Never have I heard in 16 years a shuttle not being charged for because it was non peak. Shuttles have nothing to do with peak or non peak season. Shuttles have to do with the size of the truck picking you up being able to safely access your residence at origin and destination.

Now during the summer months (peak season), when drivers cannot be readily assigned to your shipment, then the local crew comes out in a smaller truck to load you and get you back to the warehouse to later be loaded by the driver assigned to deliver you. And in this case you should not be charged for a "shuttle" as you call it.

Non binding means you will be charged for your actual weight and services performed no matter was was gievn to you as a quote. Legally they can only collect 110% of the quote at time of delivery and then they must wait 30 days before invoicing you for the remaining balance.

Best of luck.,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Return to “Open Community”