*Moving from St. louis to Sacramento

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
nini1

*Moving from St. louis to Sacramento

Postby nini1 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:16 pm

This site has been a great help. i have collected my information and estimates and I am wondering if anyone has any personal experience with these companies.

ABC moving and storage company, inc. /Atlas. 8400lbs, 6400$

FryWagner/United. 9000lbs, 6900$

A-mrazek/United. 11,000, 8700$

I had the most positive experience and customer service from FryWagner. The least favorable from A-mrazek. He was sort of pushy and never spelled my last name correctly. He made it seem like our move was exceptionally difficult since we have 2 stops to pick up furniture.

The rates seem fairly similar. Any experiences? I read about FryWagner on a previous post. Thanks.

I have secured golden Key thanks to this site for moving the car.

I appreciate any advice.

farrah7031

Re: moving from St. louis to Sacramento

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:31 pm

This is all we have with reviews:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7655#57655

If you got a bad feeling from them, definitely drop them from your list. Did they all provide GNTE quotes?

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:33 pm

Hi - I assume that all of your estimates are Guaranteed Not to Exceed (called "Option C" in the United system). If they aren't, have them converted to that type of estimate to protect yourself.

Since you have two United agents and it appears that Fry-Wagner gave you a more accurate weight estimate and you liked the rep better, I would drop the other United agent and go with F-W over the Atlas agent. The owner of F-W has been responsive to volunteers on this board who have asked him for assistance, a plus.

(Tag team, Farrah.)

nini1

Postby nini1 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:37 pm

Thank you for your reply. I had reviewed the earlier posts. I was hoping someone had other experiences. Fry-Wagner is the only one who provided the GNTE quote. I also felt the best about them. I will probably go with them based on the quote, previous reviews and my gut. Thanks

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:38 pm

Wise decision. Be sure to get back with us about how it goes, and also how it goes with GK.

nini1

Re: *Moving from St. louis to Sacramento

Postby nini1 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:43 pm

I will definitely write back once the move is complete in early July. Thanks

Return to “Open Community”