Any experience with Morgan Moving & Storage (northAmerican Van Lines)?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Dosninas

Any experience with Morgan Moving & Storage (northAmerican Van Lines)?

Postby Dosninas » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:03 pm

Hi,

I've gotten two estimates so far for my move from Philadelphia to Atlanta. Including packing, Sinclair (Mayflower) gave me a guarenteed not to exceed of $5,500, and Morgan Moving and Storage (northAmerican) gave me a guarenteed not to exceed of $4,000. I really liked both people who came to my house to give me estimates. They both spent a lot of time here and wrote down everything we are planning on moving.

I like northAmerican better mainly because of the price, but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them. I've done a search here, but not much came up.

Also, I'm supposed to get an estimate tomorrow from someone from Wheaton (can't remember the agent). Shelly Moving & Storage (Allied) was supposed to call me back to set up an appointment for an estimate, but they never did.

Thanks!

Rick

Re: Any experience with Morgan Moving & Storage (northAmerican Van Line

Postby Rick » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:06 pm

Morgan has been in the industry for 25+ years; Shelly slightly longer. Sinclair has about 17 years in the business but not all with Mayflower. McGarity Moving and Storage (Wheaton) has five years under their belt.

I can't tell you any of their current quality scores but Rob Morgan and Charlie Morris at Shelly have received several awards from their respective van lines.

Dosninas

Re: Any experience with Morgan Moving & Storage (northAmerican Van Line

Postby Dosninas » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:46 am

Thank you!

I was wrong about Wheaton coming... Today it was Hughes Relocation with United. They gave me a price that is almost exactly the same as northAmerican, so I'm going with one of those two.

Return to “Open Community”