Stay away from Peacock Relocation

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
skyewendy

Stay away from Peacock Relocation

Postby skyewendy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:03 pm

:evil:

I recently used Peacock Relocation (Chicago Area) to move across the Midwest. The pick up was fine, but the delivery was unbelievable. After a full day of complaining and raiding my refrigerator, the two guys announced that they would be unable to get my armoire up the stairs. Their stated reason was that only one of them was actually a professional mover (the other guy was his son-in-law) and that they did not have the right equiptment. They suggested that we call Two Men and a Truck. Later, when I tried to get Peacock to send someone else, they said that the piece was just too heavy, even though they had no trouble getting out of my previous home.

farrah7031

Re: Stay away from Peacock Relocation

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:24 pm

When they did the estimate, #1: was it an inhome estimate and did they actually view the piece?? #2: Was it listed on your inventory sheet?

Looks like they've been around a long time in the industry.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:44 pm

They're already on our "Avoid" list for Chicago on the Superlist linked to below my name:
:evil: --Peacock Relocation Systems (independent) in West Chicago.
This company has a very large number of BBB complaints. "Tyrone" (founding member of MovingScam.com) posted in 2003 that Peacock had lost at least 15 lawsuits:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=551#551
An anonymous poster said that the owner of Bekins in Chicago told him that Peacock's employees were "just crooks" and even worse than Samson's (pot calling the kettle black?):
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 4923#14923

I'll add your complaint to the others.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:55 pm

Crap, I forgot to check our site. :) DUH!

Return to “Open Community”