Colorado Hi-Tec Moving / Wheaton

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
JKAHMAN

Colorado Hi-Tec Moving / Wheaton

Postby JKAHMAN » Fri May 11, 2007 11:16 am

I have had four on-site estimates done for our upcoming move from Westminster, CO to Las Cruces, NM. Although not the lowest estimate, I have the best feeling about Wheaton / Colorado Hi-Tec. Is there any feedback available regarding Wheaton and/or Colorado Hi-Tec on the message board?

Here is how our estimates came in:
1. Allied / Able Moving and Storage - $3,573 (7,500 lbs) includes 'Fragile' Pack only at $550.00.
2. Wheaton / Colorado Hi-Tec - $3,729 (8,200 lbs) includes 'Fragile' Pack only at $665.
3. Atlas / Golden Van Lines - $6,628 (9,500 lbs) includes Full Pack at $2,104.
4. United / Johnson Storage and Moving - $13,518 (10,060 lbs) includes Full Pack at $5,570.

Both the Allied and Atlas agents will not return phone calls or emails(?). I requested a revised quote from Atlas (Fragile Pack only) two weeks ago, with no response. I was ready to contract with Allied, but my phone messages and emails go un-answered. Guess they don't need my business!! The estimator from Wheaton was courteous, professional, and very responsive!! I had a question after the fact, and was able to reach her immediately.

JKA

Diane

Re: Colorado Hi-Tec Moving / Wheaton

Postby Diane » Fri May 11, 2007 12:33 pm

That is a tremendous difference in price between the Atlas and the United agent. Do you have any idea why? Both are apparently full pack.

All I know about Colorado Hi-Tec in Denver (Wheaton) is that it won a quality award from the van line in 2004. That may not mean very much, but coupled with your good impression of the rep, their low quote, and the fact that the move is fairly short-distance, my advice would be to go with them. Wheaton is generally regarded as a good van line, though small, and it is reportedly the only van line that has no debt.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

JKAHMAN

Re: Colorado Hi-Tec Moving / Wheaton

Postby JKAHMAN » Mon May 14, 2007 11:31 am

I have no clue why the United quote is so high! Obviously, they were never in the running based on cost alone. The three Corporate moves that I made in the 90's all used United and went off without any issues, however.

Feel very comfortable with Wheaton and believe that they will take care of us. Now we need to get our house sold!!!!!!!

Thanks!
JKA

Return to “Open Community”