1 US-1 Van Lines?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Cali2NY

1 US-1 Van Lines?

Postby Cali2NY » Thu May 17, 2007 6:49 pm

Does anyone know if this company:
1 US-1 Vanlines, Inc
(800) 717-1US1 (1871)
21044 Sherman Way Suite 212
Canoga Park, CA 91303
www.1US1vanlines.com
US DOT #: 1370223
ICC MC #: 523900

Is the same as US-1 Van Lines that has so many complaints against it?
They are telling me that they are not the same company and they have a lawsuit going against US-1 Van Lines. We currently have our move booked with them for NEXT week and we have another mover we may switch to but it's going to cost more. Can anyone help?

MusicMom

Re: 1 US-1 Van Lines?

Postby MusicMom » Thu May 17, 2007 8:03 pm

US-1 has branches scattered around the country.

Even if they are not the same company and what he's telling you is the truth :roll: , they've chosen poorly by suing US-1 Van Lines, when it's obvious they stole the other's name. US-1 was around first. But see if he can give you the lawsuit's case number, just for proof.

I can guarantee you that whatever the other mover's offering, it will probably be a bit less than what 1US1 will charge you in the end. Most of their complaints are for contract disputes, which pretty much screams scammer. Their drivers have failed 5 out of 6 inspections.

I think you should switch. Well, mostly I think you should switch, who's the other one?

D'Oh! This is a first! Apartment Stores is actually saying to NOT use 1 US 1!
http://www.apartmentstores.com/californ ... 1us-1.html
AS.com's right though, they have no CA permit. 1 US 1 can't deal with your move.

Cali2NY

Postby Cali2NY » Thu May 17, 2007 9:16 pm

Thank you for the info!
The other mover is Best Quality Movers. Some places they are known as BQM Moving and Storage. They were competing with Agosti's for our business and they ended up throwing in and extra month (2 months total) of free storage.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu May 17, 2007 9:21 pm

Do you have contact information for these other movers?

The San Fernando Valley is a hotbed of scammers, be very careful.

Did you check the SuperList here for movers?
BQM isn't listed on Safersys.org as having a license to move you AT ALL.

Agosti's has ONE truck. They are a bad choice as well. Just got their license reinstated on 5/11/07, after a 3 year suspension.

When moving nationwide, you need to stick to major van lines for full service, or find a do it yourself option.

I'd drop all three of these companies you are considering.

Cali2NY

Postby Cali2NY » Thu May 17, 2007 9:30 pm

BQM Moving and Storage
18375 Ventura Blvd
Tarzana,
CA 91356
(866) 668-3449
http://www.mybqm.com/

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu May 17, 2007 9:33 pm

OK, they have a completey different name, and don't even have a DBA on file with the DOT. Their trucks are so obviously photoshopped on that site, they probably don't own any!

http://tinyurl.com/ywhn3g

Only licensed since last October for interstate. No license for intra CAL, even though they advertise local moves on their website:
http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/tmis/tmis_index_g.htm

AVOID ALL THREE OF THESE COMPANIES.

Using companies like this is why this website was created. If you care at all about your belongings, you will find a new mover.

Please scroll down this list for the regional listing of movers:

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8038

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Fri May 18, 2007 9:49 am

Look up your local Atlas, Allied, Mayflower, United or North American agent. they can move you and not scam you.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri May 18, 2007 9:56 am

At the bottom of their website you can see 'Gary and Koby Transportation, Inc. That license, DOT# 1549639, shows a license only good since last October, and one truck and driver (most likely NOT the truck on thier website - one truckers usually have a 26 foot standard moving van for local moves), so unless you've moving less than 300 miles away (which would put you still in CA and therefore an illegal move, since they have no CA license), they can't really help you, either.

OK, so if those were your two quotes, I'm going to take off the kid gloves and tell you whatever mover you hire, if reputable, will probably quote and bill you twice as much as these guys, but only because their quotes were probably unrealisticly low just to get your business.

How game are you for driving a rental truck? Oh, wait, we don't even know where you're moving to. Where?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri May 18, 2007 10:01 am

Can't find a CA incorporation under any version of their name.

BBB report shows several complaints already, and a CCC rating.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri May 18, 2007 10:07 am

NOW I know why the name seemed familiar! The website is registered to Koby Hincu, not exactly common. Did a search here and found Koby's previously been known as (in order: oldest to newest):

Moving & Storage USA
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4217

Infinity Moving & Storage
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... u&start=15

King Movers
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5966

So now Best Quality Movers is the fourth moving company for Koby. RUN!

I'm going to go through our Complaints Database tonight and see how many problems these companies have been responsible for. They may warrant a spot on the Blacklist by now, even though their history has been spread around for several years over several names.

I'm glad this came to our attention.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri May 18, 2007 10:13 am

In only 7 months, BQM has earned a CCC rating with the BBB:

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Busin ... =100044559

You should absolutely be able to find someone at least B or A rated to perform your move!

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri May 18, 2007 10:39 am

And be careful about any company that has anything below an A rating. And be aware that even some scammers have A ratings from the BBB, unbelievable though it sounds.

I'm adding this company to my "Avoid" list for the Los Angeles area on the Superlist linked to below. My hope is that the Avoid lists will help legitimate sales reps in the various areas to persuade customers that these companies are bad, bad, bad even though they may have escaped being put on the Blacklist for now.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Cali2NY

Postby Cali2NY » Fri May 18, 2007 1:07 pm

MusicMom wrote: Oh, wait, we don't even know where you're moving to. Where?

We are moving to western NY. So quite a big move. I got a quote from one of the big companies for $25,000! We definitely don't have that to spend on this move.
We can't drive our own truck. My husband is driving his truck pulling our trailer. My car is being shipped and I am flying with our two boys (they are 3 and 1), plus I'm 5 months pregnant. With being pregnant and our young boys, not really a good idea for us to drive.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri May 18, 2007 1:09 pm

What is the weight of your move, as estimated by that big company? And what big company was it?

Can your husband physically load a truck? Your best option may be Broadway Express.

Cali2NY

Postby Cali2NY » Fri May 18, 2007 1:13 pm

Nancy wrote:What is the weight of your move, as estimated by that big company? And what big company was it?

Can your husband physically load a truck? Your best option may be Broadway Express.

I believe it was 12,000 lbs estimated. It was North American.
He can physically load it, but really would rather not. We have a lot of stuff and some of it is really heavy. Is Broadway Express a self load and they drive kind of place?

Return to “Open Community”