CA - Jack Trux?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
fairy4493

CA - Jack Trux?

Postby fairy4493 » Thu May 17, 2007 9:58 pm

I'm working on a move from Sacramento to San Francisco next month. My mother just moved from my house to Oregon and got a quote from Joyce Movers. I just received a quote for my items and while I think they estimated pretty high for number of boxes, they were fairly on par with what I was expecting. My boyfriend used a San Francisco based mover to move into his apartment - Jack Trux. His mother also used them to move from San Francisco to Santa Rosa. They were both very happy with their moves and felt that the costs were very reasonable. I called them today to start the ball rolling with an estimate and they said that they only bill hourly and that I should send them an inventory listing and they would forward me an estimate from there.

I'm not finding much information online about this mover, though their BBB rating is very good.

I'm running out of time and don't have a lot of time to call other movers for estimates, unfortunately.

Has anyone heard of Jack Trux in the bay area? Any experiences with them?

Should I be wary of them not coming to my house to give me a written estimate? I asked in my email if they would offer me a not to exceed price based on an accurate or over-estimated inventory sheet that was sent.

MusicMom

Re: CA - Jack Trux?

Postby MusicMom » Fri May 18, 2007 11:59 am

They're CA licensed, in business a long time, 0 BBB complaints, and a good personal reference. Seems excellent to me!

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri May 18, 2007 12:23 pm

Legal name - REZSO INCORPORATED
Phone Number (415) 821-4755
Primary DBA JACK TRUX
Address REZSO SPRINGER PRES
660 TOLAND PLACE
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94124

I'm adding them to the Superlist for Northern California linked to below my name.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Gleevac99

Postby Gleevac99 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:52 pm

We just got an estimate from them for a local move in the Bay Area. They were endorsed by the Diamond Guide and seem to have a good reputation locally.

When I called, they seemed resistant to come and do an in-home estimate and wanted me to email them inventory. I insisted and they said that they could come when they were in our area delivering furniture once a week. They were very good about calling to confirm the estimate. They day of the estimate they called to say the estimator would be running late and they needed to change the time by several hours. Fine. Then they called to push it back even later again. They guy who called was very professional and apologetic, but it was a bit inconvenient. I finally gave them a time by which I had to leave the house and they did show up before then.

The estimator was nice and seemed efficient. He did seem to be over-estimating our stuff compared to the other companies that had been out. He did not give us the final price and said the office would call with that. They called the next day and their "not to exceed" price was significantly higher than that of the other companies. The office guy told me they tend to over-estimate so that there are no surprises that day of but that it would likely be "much less." We decided not to go with them due to the higher price and the calls to push the estimate back later.

Return to “Open Community”