Moving from MO to OK Mayflower - Studdard Relocation Services?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
awh

Moving from MO to OK Mayflower - Studdard Relocation Services?

Postby awh » Tue May 22, 2007 8:19 pm

I am moving from Kansas City, MO to Oklahoma. I am received an estimate from Studdard Relocation Services. This is a Mayflower company. I am hoping to find out if anyone knows of this company. Thanks for any help you can give me!!!! I think also go by Studdard Moving and Storage.

awh

Re: Moving from MO to OK Mayflower - Studdard Relocation Services?

Postby awh » Tue May 22, 2007 8:26 pm

I just realized that I did not give enough information. Here is the website http://www.studdardrelo.com/. The address is 412 SE Fleetway Circle, Lee's Summit, MO 64081. The phone numbers are 816-524-2772, 913-661-0855 and 800-836-0908. Their license number is 123459. Thanks!

Rick

Postby Rick » Tue May 22, 2007 9:51 pm

The Campbell family has operated several moving companies in Lees Summit and Leavenworth for years. Studdard Relocation Services, the Mayflower agent, is operated by the father. Studdard Moving and Storage, Inc. is a Paul Arpin agent http://www.studdardmoving.com/default.htm and is operated by the son. They have their own authority under US DOT # 1274176; MC # 497605.

Last year they started Campbell Container Services, Inc. to handle Unigroup's Store and Move (SAM) portable container product.

All are professional operations.

awh

Postby awh » Wed May 23, 2007 2:47 pm

Thank you!

japabale

Postby japabale » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:21 am

Has anyone actually used Studdard Relocation Services of Lees Summit MO. I am having worries about them since getting my estimate. I'll not post what looks wrong until I am sure. I only want to know if anyone can comment from experience. Thank you.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:06 am

Well, if there's something wrong with their quote, get some more.....Are you close to any United, Allied, North American, Atlas, agents?

japabale

Postby japabale » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:35 am

Thank you. The quote is just fine. I was wondering about service, delivery on time, careful handling, that sort of thing. Once they've given you a quote, it is hard to reach them with questions. So far, that is my only problem. But, I've picked up fears from online reviews, not about this particular company but about Mayflower in general. Sometimes I think we shouldn't read reviews. Only the dissatisfied persons take time to post. I was at a forum a few days ago where every moving company listed had nothing except bad reviews. That is disheartening. I will say this forum looks better in that you can get more details on "how to". Wish I'd seen it earlier.

Just my thoughts. It would be nice to hear from someone who has actually used this particular company. Thanks much.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:55 am

I don't know this particular company, but I'm a Mayflower agent, and I think MF moved about 75,000 shipments last year, which means there will be some complaints. Mayflower, along with the other van lines I mentioned, will all do you a professional moving job, at a competitive price, but none of them, or any mover, is perfect. Get your quotes in writing, make sure they are bound, or not to exceed, get your agreed dates in writing ( all of this is required anyway) and pick the mover you feel most comfortable with. Avoid internet mover sites, full of phonies.

japabale

Postby japabale » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:01 am

That does help. I think so many bad reviews on the internet probably set my teeth on edge. I shall relax. I see one thing there that has not been done. I'll see about that.

Thanks again.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:27 am

Studdard Relocation Services in Lee's Summit has 0 BBB complaints over the last 36 months, a very good sign, and the BBB says that the company was started in 1963, also good - http://kansascity.app.bbb.org/report/63020001

"Rick" (who posted above that they are professional) is an industry expert and if he says they are professional, I believe him.

You could also send a PM to the person "awh" who originally asked about the company. Although people often change their email addresses when they move, your PM might reach him or her.

Mayflower is a very good van line, in my opinion. There is no reason for concern that I can see.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

japabale

Postby japabale » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:41 am

I agree. I just need to stay away from all of those downhearted reviews. I have used Mayflower in the past but it was years ago and the setup was different back then, I think. I'll do fine.

I may try that PM. I'll also be changing my e-mail address when I move, naturally. That's fun for my forums.

Thanks all. I am feeling better.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:47 am

You might have stumbled on a website that was set up to have nothing but complaints on it. Also, you're correct that more dissatisfied than satisfied people post. Finally, people not calling back promptly is a very common complaint here about moving companies. It doesn't necessarily mean that you won't have a good move.

japabale

Postby japabale » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:52 am

Agreed. Surely appreciate the support.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:42 am

Mayflower and United Van Lines are the children of Unigroup, which is one of the most solvent companies around right now.

And Studdard is a great company. You might ask them if they would be doing a self haul.

Make sure to get your order number, and track your shipment online at www.mayflower.com
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Return to “Open Community”