Good report on Olympic M & S (Alexandria, VA)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Diane

Good report on Olympic M & S (Alexandria, VA)

Postby Diane » Fri May 25, 2007 3:33 pm

I'm re-posting this report that Tim Walker just received from "MR" as a Private Message:

I just completed a move from Northern VA to the Denver, CO area. I got six quotes from companies and settled on Olympic Moving and Storage in Alexandria, VA, agent for Wheaton Van Lines. (I've read horror stories about an Olympic out of IL. This is not the same company. The one we used has offices in VA and MA.) The move was handled very professionally, and we are completely satisfied.

Of the six companies that bid, Olympic/Wheaton had the closest weight estimate and the final cost was $130 less than they bid--and the move took place five or six months after the estimate. They picked up on time and delivered on time. We had amazing communication from Olympic, Wheaton and the driver throughout the process. The process which we entered with "fear and trepidation" turned out to be very satisfying.

Also, we are members of AAA and used their affiliated service, Consumers Relocation Services (800-839-6683). We liked having an outside body that had an interest in us (AAA) involved in the process. They put us in touch with three of the companies from whom we got estimates. Olympic/Wheaton was one they put us in touch with. As a AAA member, we had Consumer Relocation Services fee waved and insurance for the move was offered "free" (presumably buried somewhere else in the overall cost; but the overall cost from Wheaton was the best reasonable/believable offer we received). They helped us to better understand the move process and evaluate the offers and kept in contact with us to ensure all was going well.

With all the horror stories out there, we wanted to note that there are honest, hard working, professional movers who do excellent work for individuals who are in the moving process.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

MusicMom

Re: Good report on Olympic M & S (Alexandria, VA)

Postby MusicMom » Fri May 25, 2007 4:59 pm

I've seen good reports about that Olympic as well. They're in the same industrial park as Von Paris, and they have slick-looking black trucks.

Return to “Open Community”