Positive review - Studley's Moving and Storage (Indianapolis)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
indy_gal

Positive review - Studley's Moving and Storage (Indianapolis)

Postby indy_gal » Thu May 31, 2007 10:12 pm

I came to this board about a month ago asking questions about my upcoming move from Indianapolis, IN to Nashville, TN. I had already chosen to use Studley's Moving and Storage, but some people responded to my post with some negative comments about this company because their insurance had been revoked twice in the past. We decided to use them anyways because of their good ranking on Angie's List, and I promised to come back here to post my feedback, good-bad-or otherwise. I would like to point out that I think they get most of their business from local moves, but they did tell me that they move all over the USA, so I would recommend them to anybody in the area looking for a moving company.

Well, I am happy to report positive feedback! They honored the binding estimate that they gave us and the same day pick-up and delivery on the date that we chose. Everything made it to our new house safely and it doesn't appear that anything was damaged. We did the packing ourselves, all they did was load and unload and drive the moving van 5 hours from IN to TN all in the same day.

The only minor "complaint" that I have is that the owner promised to be at our house during the pick-up and that he would come with 6 guys to speed up the loading process (only sending 3 of them down with the truck to TN.) So, I was suprised when only three guys showed up, and they told me the owner was with the rest of the crew doing another move that day. I felt that this is something that the owner should have called to tell me himself, but in reality, it didn't have that much of an impact on our move.

As far as damages go, in the house in IN I did notice one small nick in the wall in the wallway that I know was caused by somebody moving furniture, and at the house in TN one rung of the railing outside the front of the house fell off, although I'm not 100% certain that they were the ones that did that. None of our belongings appear to have been damaged, which is great.

After months of planning and worrying, I'm just relieved that this whole move is over with. Now comes the unpacking, and eventually, enjoying our new house! :D

farrah7031

Re: **Positive review - Studley's Moving and Storage (Indianapolis)

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:13 am

That's wonderful! Congrats!

Have fun unpacking. I moved 3 weeks ago and my house still looks like a tornado hit it. :lol:

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:26 am

Farrah....who moved you? How did they do?

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:36 am

LOL Archie. I moved across Tallahassee and unfortunately decided to move myself. I reserved TOO SMALL of a truck and had to make 2 trips. NEVER AGAIN!

I have SO much more appreciativeness (is that a word) for what movers do and what they go through. My hats off to you! :thumbsup:

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:51 am

You are a brave person, moving is tough.

Return to “Open Community”