Local moves in boulder county, colorado--some feedback

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
mogambo

Local moves in boulder county, colorado--some feedback

Postby mogambo » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:54 am

we've moved twice within boulder county in the last four years. the first time we used a small independent company recommended by colleagues: berg's small move. we went into it with some trepidation because they are extremely informal with paperwork etc.. but they were just excellent. showed up on time, got everything in and out really quick. broke nothing. strapping young men with a lot of experience did all the work.

then for some reason when we needed to move again in two years we didn't go back to berg's small move. if anyone can explain to me why we didn't i would thank them. instead we got boulder valley transfer to do it. the agent was slick, and that should have been a warning. they showed up on time, but from beginning to end it was clearly a managed slow-down operation. they also managed to break a light fixture while moving a couch and some other minor damage. it wasn't a disastrous move, but it was annoying to see them moving one dining table chair at a time, answering their cellphones, taking long breaks etc. all on my dime. i would never recommend these people. on the bright side, i fought successfully to lop one hour's charges off the bill--though they probably wasted more.

Diane

Re: **local moves in boulder county, colorado--some feedback

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:06 pm

Thanks - if you see this and can add contact information to the names of the companies it would be good. Also, are they close enough to Boulder so they would service Boulder? What about Denver?

mogambo

Postby mogambo » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:15 pm

pete berg is in the boulder phone book. i'm not sure but i think he mostly works in boulder and environs. boulder valley transfer is a larger outfit that does longer moves as well. they certainly service denver.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:37 am

Thanks, mogambo, for these two reviews, which I've added to the Superlist linked to below my name.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”