Positive experience with Schumacher Cargo Logistics

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
webstop

Positive experience with Schumacher Cargo Logistics

Postby webstop » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:40 pm

For the benefit of anyone interested I hereby report on positive experience with Schumacher Cargo Logistics.

I was moving a car from San Francisco to Moscow, Russia, by air. Schumacher Cargo Logistics did a very good job. The move was organized and performed within a very reasonable time and the car arrived without any problems or surprises.
Warren Barnes at their LA office was fast, responsive and always right to the point. I will gladly deal with him again.

farrah7031

Re: Positive experience with Schumacher Cargo Logistics

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:45 pm

Can you give us more information? Was it shipped by sea? How was it created? How long did it take from pickup to delivery?

webstop

Re: Positive experience with Schumacher Cargo Logistics

Postby webstop » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:06 pm

The car was shipped by air. All together it took 8 days.
The car was picked up from the point of sale in SF and moved to the customs on May 25th. 3 days for clearance. The flight from SF to Luxemburg took off on May 31 and on June 2 the car arrived to Moscow.
Flights from SF to Luxemburg to Frankfurt were performed by Cargolux, final leg to Moscow - by some other carrier. Actually, there was a little bit lucky situation of cargo space availablilty, as a result of which the car departed and arrived one day earlier, then initially scheduled. The only downside of that was that the car arrived earlier then the documents.

farrah7031

Re: **Positive experience with Schumacher Cargo Logistics

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:52 pm

Thank you! I'll have Diane add this to her list.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:32 pm

Thanks so much for this review, which I posted in our international review thread. Out of curiosity, what was the cost of this undoubtedly expensive service and what kind of car was it? I may want to re-post this under Auto Transporters as well.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:34 pm

I'm kindof (genuinely) curious as to the purpose of a US vehicle heading to Moscow. How will it get fixed?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:41 am

Webstop,

I came back to this after Diane added it to the Reviews, something was nagging at me. I noticed you're posting from Los Angeles, not San Francisco. Shumacher's in Los Angeles.

This has nothing to do with you, just commenting on older stuff, but I went back over old posts and realized that the owner, Martin Baker, of Marlog/Schumacher was the one who got EXTREMELY defensive and began attacking HardAtWork for questioning some [legitimate] things, and he backed down only after everyone defended HAW.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:54 am

I won't re-post the review until we're sure that it's from a genuine customer and not the company itself. Thanks for the head's up, MM.

webstop

Postby webstop » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:31 pm

MusicMom wrote:I'm kindof (genuinely) curious as to the purpose of a US vehicle heading to Moscow. How will it get fixed?

Well, all major car manufacturers have dealers overthere, so this problem simply does not exist. In Moscow you can see any imaginable car. For example, during my last trip I even spotted a Spyker - haven't seen any here in Orange County yet.
The car I shipped was not a US car, it was a $350,000 worth Porsche Carrera GT. Russian buyer wanted it asap and asked to airship.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:41 pm

OK, thanks.

webstop

Postby webstop » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:53 pm

MusicMom wrote:Webstop,

I came back to this after Diane added it to the Reviews, something was nagging at me. I noticed you're posting from Los Angeles, not San Francisco. Shumacher's in Los Angeles.

This has nothing to do with you, just commenting on older stuff, but I went back over old posts and realized that the owner, Martin Baker, of Marlog/Schumacher was the one who got EXTREMELY defensive and began attacking HardAtWork for questioning some [legitimate] things, and he backed down only after everyone defended HAW.

Like I said, it was Porsche Carrera GT. It is not easy to find a car like that with the required age, mileage, color etc. I found one in SF. If my next door neighbor was selling one, I would have bought it from him.

Using your logic are you going to discard any post from LA area now? BTW, I am in Orange County, which is good 40 miles from LA. As I understand, Schumacher is not exactly in LA either, they are closer to Long Beach.

I am not related to Schumacher. I don't know, how can I prove that. Frankly, I am not going to even try to do that. I wrote about my personal experience. Maybe I just got lucky, I don't know. But since I have some experience in international trade I can comfortably state, that my contact person Warren had good understanding about what he was required to do. So, please feel free to take my post for whatever it's worth.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:00 pm

I had to ask. We have to make sure all reviews are legit before reproducing for other customers to read.

So you're a high-end car dealer I guess?

webstop

Postby webstop » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:05 pm

MusicMom wrote:I had to ask. We have to make sure all reviews are legit before reproducing for other customers to read.

So you're a high-end car dealer I guess?

No, it was my first time car trading experience, but I am now thinking about this business.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:04 pm

OK - I'm re-posting the review with webstop's additional clarifications. Thanks, webstop.

Return to “International Moves”