For Michael, Tim and Rebel

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
AC

For Michael, Tim and Rebel

Postby AC » Thu May 01, 2003 4:26 pm

First of all, I don't think I'm the only Annie here so I'll tell you I'm the NYC to Portland Annie.

Everyone here has been incredibly helpful and I've learned a lot. I called Michael (from this board) at Horne Moving Systems in NC (United Van Lines) and he set me up with a price I can live with and a lot of reassurance. I think I have clocked more time on the phone with him than I have with my mother. He has held my paranoid hand and I feel good about his integrity -- I trust all will go well.

As far as the car goes, thank you Tim for referring Jeff -- he was fantastic and helped me out a lot - super guy, also spent a lot of time talking to me when he didn't have to. It was a little late to get my car picked up when I needed it to be so I'm going with Autolog and dropping the car off with them Friday. The company that didn't pick-up not only asked for a deposit but asked for payment up front if I wanted to use a credit card, which I did. The charge has been made and supposedly refunded (after a hassle) but I have yet to see that reflected in my balance and AMEX says they don't have the amount in question pending as a refund. I am waiting to get my money back.

That's the status -- I am hoping for a smooth move and I may just get it as a result of what I've learned from this site. I'll keep you all posted and again, promise to donate once I'm in OR and employed. This board and this site are awesome.

Best to all,

Annie

twalker
Site Admin

Re: For Michael, Tim and Rebel

Postby twalker » Thu May 01, 2003 4:56 pm

Thanks for the update Annie. I was wondering what you'd decided to do.

As far as your refund from the previous auto transport company goes, you might need to start the dispute process with AMEX. My guess is that if you ask the auto transport company for proof that they credited your account, they won't be able to find their receipt.

Keep us up to date on how your move goes. We love to hear it when things go smoothly!

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Rebel

Re: For Michael, Tim and Rebel

Postby Rebel » Fri May 02, 2003 10:51 pm

Annie,
I was just glad to be able to help you make an informed decision that would give you a higher chance of not being scammed like I was. As a lone individual I cannot do a whole lot to solve this mess. However, the voices of the people on this site together can help in getting the word out in our everyday lives, providing some insight to those who visit these boards, and persistently contacting those in government to take responsibility for an industry that they ultimately set loose to run-a-muck in 1995. Good luck on your move and may everything go smoothly. Looking forward to see how it turns out.

Return to “Open Community”