Moving from NJ to NC

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
jlg

Moving from NJ to NC

Postby jlg » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:38 pm

I'm scrambling to move from central NJ to Raleigh NC at the end of this month (not expected!) - I contacted Noffs-Atlantic Relocation Systems as my professional organization has a partnership with them and they emailed me a very reasonable (non-binding) quote ($1600), including the charge for shuttle service at the destination and free FVP, to move on the 25th. However I'm a little concerned as they indicated it's too late to come out for an in-home estimate and I would need to decide quickly. Unfortunately other in-home estimates are scheduled for late next week. The agent would be Ace Worldwide out of Burlington, NJ and I have not been able to find very much information on them - does anyone have any experience with either of these businesses? I have a small move (1 bd apt, about 2000 lbs) but need a full service company. Because of the time crunch (and time of year) I'm worried about being left in the lurch if I don't make a decision now...

Any information or experience would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jen

jlg

Re: Moving from NJ to NC

Postby jlg » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:07 pm

Oops- ace worldwide out of East Brunswick, not Burlington!

Michael

Postby Michael » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:40 am

Decide quickly? Whats quickly? Can you get ACE out before you have to decide? If not I do believe Noffs is an Atlas agent as well as ACE. Ace has a very good reputation within Atlas. Not sure if they have the same contract in place with your organization, so the only difference in price could be the valuation being offerred at no cost vs. ACE charging you for it.

The agents here in Raleigh are very good, so your covered here, or should be if the driver uses help for one of the two agents here. If he needs it.

Best of luck,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

jlg

Postby jlg » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:44 am

Thanks for the reply Michael - the first rep had told me that he wasn't sure how long there would be space and that I should probably decide in the next day or two which was a problem since other estimators wouldn't be able to come out for a few days. Since it's a small move I'm going to go with atlas and cross my fingers (this is the first time I've needed to move a fair amount of stuff! And in a short period of time...). The pick-up agent will be ace worldwide and the delivery agent will be crofutt & smith so I'm hoping everything will be fine. I'll post the results!

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:12 am

To clarify - I believe that Noffs/Atlantic Relocation Systems (Atlas Agent# 1006) is located in the Chicago area (Arlington Heights) and it has an account to move members of this professional organization - not sure which professional organization it is. Maybe the poster can tell us.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

jlg

Postby jlg » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:15 am

It's through the American Veterinary Medical Association (which has it's offices in IL)

Return to “Open Community”