Federal/O'Byrne Moving & Storage Limited Liabiity, Champaign, Illinois

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
boggavarapu

Federal/O'Byrne Moving & Storage Limited Liabiity, Champaign, Illinois

Postby boggavarapu » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:46 am

I am planning a move from Charleston, Illinois to Chicago Suburb using Allied Van Lines. Their nearest Agent is in Champaign, Illinois (Federal/O'Byrne).

Has anyone used them in the past for Allied VanLines. Would appreciate any feedback/suggestions/recommendations etc.

The Agent visited my home yesterday and gave me an estimate.

Thanks.
BOGGAVARAPU

Diane

Re: Federal/O'Byrne Moving & Storage Limited Liabiity, Champaign, Illin

Postby Diane » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:06 pm

Hi - I believe that Federal/O'Byrne is a very good agent. See their listing in the Superlist linked to below my name, in this post - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7598#57598

boggavarapu

Postby boggavarapu » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:33 pm

Diane wrote:Hi - I believe that Federal/O'Byrne is a very good agent. See their listing in the Superlist linked to below my name, in this post - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7598#57598

Thanks Diane. Appreciate your reply and very helpful information.

Feel already a bit relieved to know that the agent has good reviews!

Tear off miles - 186 - Estimated weight - 6700 Lbs ($3800)
Guys will do the entire packing including boxes one day before and load the next day and deliver on the same day. Travel time normally is 3.50 hrs but could take another 2 hours extra for the truck.

Does this sound okay ? Would appreciate any further feedback. Many thanks.
BOGGAVARAPU

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:27 pm

Since you will be moving intrastate (solely within the state of Illinois) your mover will be moving on their own state licensed authority, and not that of Allied. You can always check with the state regulatory agency that licenses moves within Illinois.

Any mover performing moves within the state will have to abide by the state regulations, Unless, of course, they are illegal and unethical scammers, who you appear to have slipped past.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

boggavarapu

Postby boggavarapu » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:53 pm

BigLeeCalif wrote:Since you will be moving intrastate (solely within the state of Illinois) your mover will be moving on their own state licensed authority, and not that of Allied. You can always check with the state regulatory agency that licenses moves within Illinois.

Any mover performing moves within the state will have to abide by the state regulations, Unless, of course, they are illegal and unethical scammers, who you appear to have slipped past.

Thanks for the reply. Could you please further explain further if there

Is there anything I need to check or do? I am not sure If understood your message completely!

I am thinking of taking up the move for the quoted price with the guys.

The Agent represents Allied locally and gave me the Allied Information Pack and the service will be undertaken by Allied. They will give me the Official Estimate/Order once I agree for the quote.

Would appreciate further feedback. Thanks.
BOGGAVARAPU

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:21 pm

I'm not sure how this agent is operating, since they have told you the move would be undertaken by Allied.

Usually an agent will do interstate moves on van line authority, and local/intrastate moves on their own authority. I can't imagine this agent being so small they don't have their own crews and trucks that can service a move this short.

I would call them and ask them to clarify that point.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

BBATCO1

Postby BBATCO1 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:46 pm

Federal is a very decent Allied agent. There will be no problems with authority and such. They have been around along time I was just in there a couple weeks ago they are good people.

boggavarapu

Postby boggavarapu » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:56 pm

BBATCO1 wrote:Federal is a very decent Allied agent. There will be no problems with authority and such. They have been around along time I was just in there a couple weeks ago they are good people.

Thanks for the reply. Really appreciate for giving the feedback. I feel very much relieved and I will be glad to contact them further to plan my move.
BOGGAVARAPU

boggavarapu

Postby boggavarapu » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:48 am

Just to inform that the move went well with Federal in Champaign, IL.
They were fairly prompt and helpful. Packed and loaded on Monday and delivered on Tuesday! I am now waiting for the Bill!
BOGGAVARAPU

Return to “Open Community”