A Professional Move

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
Racho9226

A Professional Move

Postby Racho9226 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:10 pm

Hello all! Just wanted to write and let you know of a company that should be on the black list.

A Professional Move (used to be called THE PRITCHARD INC).

Anyway... before doing the much needed research on them, I got a quote from them. It sounded great. The BBB gave them an "A" and I thought it was a trust worthy company. I gave them my account information and we set a date a week away to take a $500 deposit out (fyi... i later learned you shouldn't even need to put down a deposit with moving companies). Later that day when I found out how horrible of a company they were I called and canceled with them. They kept me on the phone forever asking why and what they did wrong (not professional at all) it took a good 20 minutes for them to understand. I also told them NOT to put that money through and I wanted a conformation email stating they wouldn't do it. It also took them a couple hours to send the letter. The letter said "MOVE IS CANCEL... NO DEPOSIT CHARGE" ...

Well... it's been a little over a week and guess what... they charged my account today for $500. I called my bank, and they're taking care of it. I also called them and talked to Chris (the main person i talked to in the past) and he said the account department wasn't there and he'd call back in 2 hours. Never did. My husband called a little while ago and they put him on hold for 15 minutes basically just to say they didn't know what they could do.

So... we'll have to wait and see how this all goes down.

Also, we googled the address on their website and a restaurant came up. Weird, huh? We brought that to their attention and they said "Oh, well we have another office in southern california" and never gave their other address.

We're also "expecting" a call from "Carry" (the manager). I've read some things about her on this website before so I'm guessing we'll never get the call.

Do NOT go with A Professional Move. They are scammers and a horrible company.

MusicMom

Re: A Professional Move

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:17 pm

They've been around for years, unfortunately, but recently got a new license. Here's some info:

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13778

Carrie Ateass is not a nice person, based on past customers' complaints. As Tyrone put it, "how can she be nice, considering what she ate?". :wink:

But if you file your complaint at this site (see top right) then choose to have it forwarded to the DOT, it will be a step towards them getting Blacklisted.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:36 pm

Whatever happened to Tyrone? He used to brighten up my day.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:45 pm

New job, busy life.

Lucky stiff.

Racho9226

Postby Racho9226 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:47 pm

Guess what? I cant find them on the BBB anymore.

Hm.

Also... we talked to "Chris" again today. He said that Carrie was sick and they were going to process the money tomorrow. Right.

Jim

Postby Jim » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:49 pm

Must have been something she ate? :twisted:
It's Sunny Somewhere In The World

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:00 am

Nope, they're still there, unfortunately.

http://www.santabarbara.bbb.org/BBBWeb/ ... D=92003203

crayonshinobi

Postby crayonshinobi » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:54 am

We've had to learn the hard way that BBB ratings mean absolutely nothing. The BBB routinely gives satisfactory grades for companies with countless complaints. Then again, it's a membership fee based "service" so all a BBB rating means, is whether the company has paid it's dues this month or not.

Return to “Report A Scam”