Quick Feedback Needed on Dunmar Moving Systems in Richmond, Virginia

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
sblank

Quick Feedback Needed on Dunmar Moving Systems in Richmond, Virginia

Postby sblank » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:50 pm

Hi - I did a search on your site and found that there was only one thread on Dunmar Moving Systems and it was from a few years back. I'm moving from Virginia to Kansas in mid July. I want to go with a full service moving company rather than doing U-Pack. So far I've gotten quotes from Kloke in Newport News, Virginia (which is a broker for Mayflower) and Dunmar, in Richmond, Virginia (which is a broker for Allied). After reading negative comments about Kloke on this site, now I'm interested in finding out more about the reputatin of the Dunmar group. The DOT that's listed on my estimate is 076235 and the MC is 15735. Their address for Dunmar is 8030 Whitepine Road, Richmond, Virginia 23237. The email of my "certified moving consultant" is bbaker@dunmar.com. She works with someone named Don, who is also a certified moving consultant. The telephone on the card (I assume it's for Allied) is 800-849-3399 x235. Her cell phone number is also listed. The local phone number is 804-271-6342. Her email address is bbaker@dunmar.com.
Their quote was higher than Mayflowers (it was around 2900) for 3540 pounds if I pack some things and around 3450 if they pack everything, but they seem professional and on the ball. I had a bad moving experience when moving from California and I don't want to be screwed over again.
Any quick feedback would be appreciated as they want me to book with them right away. Thanks.
sblank

Diane

Re: Quick Feedback Needed on Dunmar Moving Systems in Richmond, Virginia

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:14 pm

According to the BBB, DunMar (that's how they spell it) has been in business for a long time and it has no BBB complaints over the past 36 months - http://www.richmond.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=252 I think you will be safe with them.

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:33 am

DunMar is a good Allied agent and almost as old as dirt! You will not have any scam activity with this office.
"Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."

sblank

Postby sblank » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:35 am

Thanks to each of you for your speedy reply. I'll go with DunMar and will try to remember to write about how it goes once my move is complete in late July.
sblank

DCheepas

Postby DCheepas » Thu May 29, 2008 7:03 am

how did your move go? I am currently making the same decision between DunMar and Kloke/Mayflower. Actually, Dunmar's quote is less expensive than Mayfllower's.

I think we even have the same agent/ sales consultant- Brandy Baker!

thanks-
DCheepas

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Thu May 29, 2008 7:13 am

Both Kloke and DunMar are fine, go with the one you feel the most comfortable, they will do you a good, professional job. I know Mr. and Mrs. Kloke, they are quality people and will make sure you are treated properly.

Return to “Open Community”