MA to CT - Big Foot Moving & Storage

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Shane

MA to CT - Big Foot Moving & Storage

Postby Shane » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:56 pm

When I first started planning my move, I just did a quick Google search and went to the first results, which was a bunch of sites that send out the info for quotes. Somehow I stumbled on this site, and I'm glad I did, since there were several scammers on the list. I ended up contacting three movers on the superlist: Big Foot, Marathon, and Gentle Giant. The move was about 100 miles and for a small 1 bedroom, with a time frame of less than 1 week (flexible up to 3, but I'd already been living in a hotel for a month as it was).

Big Foot quoted 9-11 hours at $120/hr with 2 men and 1 truck. Marathon quoted the same but at $155/hr. I didn't end up hearing back from Gentle Giant until a day after the other two and was looking for a quick move and also had heard GG was more expensive anyway, so I decided to go with Big Foot. I was hesitant for a couple reasons. First, despite the fact that they did come highly recommended, I didn't see any reviews to back it up. Second, I couldn't imagine how it would actually take 9 hours.

I first spoke to them the Tuesday prior to the move to get a quote, and they followed up on Friday to make sure I was all set and whether I had any questions. The movers showed up around 9:10 Monday morning, within the time frame of 8-9:30 I had been advised. Both were very nice, did a good job, and made sure I was kept updated as the move progressed. The total move time ended up being 6.75 hours, which was more in line with what I was anticipating, and there were no surprise costs. I was overall pleased and would use them again in the future.

farrah7031

Re: **MA to CT - Big Foot Moving & Storage

Postby farrah7031 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:40 pm

Thanks for the review. I'm glad it all worked out.

Diane

Re: **MA to CT - Big Foot Moving & Storage

Postby Diane » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:49 am

Thanks so much for this review, which is especially welcome because it's our first for Big Foot.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Shane

Re: MA to CT - Big Foot Moving & Storage

Postby Shane » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:59 pm

Just a follow up. I moved back from CT to MA on December 10 and used Big Foot again due to the positive previous experience. It was a similar size move as last time and about 60 miles. Once again I was able to plan this move less than a week in advance. 6.25 hours at $110/hour this time. As with last time, I didn't have any problems.

Return to “Open Community”