Admiral Moving Review

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
dankatz

Admiral Moving Review

Postby dankatz » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:00 am

We wanted to post a review for Admiral Moving that moved us this week from Avon, CT to Newton, MA. We are very happy with our move. They did an in-house estimate (on a very short notice - less than a week!), showed up at our house in CT exactly when promised, and acted very professionally. They loaded the truck, and took it to their warehouse in Windsor, CT to be weighted. We got a call from them later with the exact weight of the truck. They were half an hour late to our new house the next day, and they unloaded everything fairly quickly. They were keeping track of the inventory and gave us receipts for everything. We are very happy with them, and would recommend them to everyone.
Last edited by dankatz on Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MusicMom

Re: Admiral Moving Review

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:26 am

Yay!

Thank you for getting back to us.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:31 am

It's good to read this. I'm so glad that things worked out well for you. Did your credit card company refund the deposit you gave to North America?

For the information of others, this is the listing for Admiral on www.ctmovers.com (where you said you found the company) -

ADMIRAL MOVING & STORAGE, INC.
420 Ellington Road
South Windsor, CT 06074
(860) 528-4421

Admiral is an Atlas agent and it has only 1 BBB complaint over the past 36 months.

Again, to help others, this is your original thread - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14062

I'm trying to decide whether to refer people to www.ctmovers.com on the Superlist for Connecticut. It seems to me that there are a few iffy companies listed there, although most are reputable van line agents. The website is mentioned on the CT Department of Consumer Protection website under "Moving" - http://www.ct.gov/dcp/cwp/view.asp?a=1633&Q=291650 - but the mention isn't exactly an endorsement, in my opinion. I think I'll just say that.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

dankatz

Postby dankatz » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:28 pm

Hi Diane,

Our credit card company said that they will post a provisional credit for now, and I guess they will see if they can get money back from NAMS, but I think it's not a guarantee that we'll be able to keep that credit. We'll see.

Return to “Open Community”