All State Moving dba Jet Lines Moving San Jose, CA

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
ajl

All State Moving dba Jet Lines Moving San Jose, CA

Postby ajl » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:33 pm

Planning a move from San Jose, CA to Chapel Hill, NC. Curious if anybody has had experience, good or bad, with this outfit? They seem pleasant and helpful over the phone, but my concern is that there was an All State Moving out of N. Hollywood, CA whose license was suspended in 2002. The All State Moving out of San Jose shows up separately under a different owner. Any advice or recommendations? Thanks!

AJL

Jim

Re: All State Moving dba Jet Lines Moving San Jose, CA

Postby Jim » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:45 pm

I wouldn't. The moving scam starts with people who are very nice but won't show up to the house and ask you to put together an inventory list for them in the beginning. There is only one firm out there (Moovers) that will have you perform an in-house survey, but they give you a binding, not-to-exceed quote.

If the mover you're interested in does the following, then you can consider them:

1. If they come to your home to perform an in-house survey of your goods to be moved.
2. If they give you a binding, not-to-exceed quote in pounds.

If you found them on the internet, or they hem and haw about coming to the house, or tell you that we only do cubic foot measurements..... RUN away and don't look back. They will cease being nice the minute your goods are in their truck.

Don't base your choice of full-service movers on price - choose them because you personally met them, they know what needs to be moved, and you feel comfortable with them.
It's Sunny Somewhere In The World

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:45 pm

RUN! DO not book a mover over the phone, and find someone right in San Jose to come to your home and do an estimate.

They also had an INvoluntary revocation of their license this year:

http://tinyurl.com/ypfnec

Here's reviews of movers in your area:

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7565#57565

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:03 pm

This company has only been around since 2006, do NOT use them for an interstate move. Click on the link Nancy provided you and make sure they come and do an in home estimate.

ajl

Postby ajl » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:12 am

Thanks for your responses, the owner, Matt, did come by last night and gave us a "not to exceed" estimate. He seemed upfront, but gave me a very conservative, ie, high estimate for my move, almost $11K, compared to the $5K that was discussed on the phone. I'm appreciative of his trying to be upfront and honest, but am now considering using ABF Upack instead, they're service is more than half of Jet Lines estimate. Any thoughts or recommendations?

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:21 am

ABF is a good idea, but how much stuff do you have? For an estimate of $11K, it sounds like you must have at least a 4 bedroom? If you're thinking of using a trailer, look into Broadway Express instead. www.broadwayexpress.net

You can hire movers at each end to load/unload by finding a highly rated company at www.emove.com

I think I would get another estimate by a reputable full service mover, though, to see how much it actually would cost.

Good luck to you.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:21 am

So "Matt" is Amitay Moisa?

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:11 am

I second what Farrah said about considering Broadway Express. I just checked their online calculator and it indicated that you could get a full 53-foot trailer for less than $6500, so it seems as if the cost would be in the same ballpark as ABF. They have an automated quote system if you want to go on there yourself to see.

For the money, you would get an air-ride trailer (easier on your things than ABF's spring-ride ones), which is the same type of trailer used by major van lines. Also, all equipment such as moving blankets, dollies, and plywood decking (if needed) is provided at no cost. And the BE driver can usually be hired to help load for about $30/hour. Additional workers can be hired from a high-rated company at www.eMove.com, as Farrah said.

There are dozens of mostly rave reviews of BE on a sticky at the top of the messageboard.

ajl

Postby ajl » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:42 am

Yes, Matt is Amitay Moisa. I have Moovers coming over for an estimate today, I will look into Broadway Express as well, thanks for all of your great advice and counsel!

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:50 am

If Moovers can move you, I'd definitely go with them! Make sure they have availability, I know they are booking up quickly!

Return to “Open Community”