Fabulous Move from NYC to Tampa: Hall Lane

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
jkudia

Fabulous Move from NYC to Tampa: Hall Lane

Postby jkudia » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:51 pm

Hi everyone. I had posted a few months back, looking for helpful advice for my move from NYC to Tampa. I have to say, combing over your list, we settled on Hall-Lane movers (out of Long Island), and boy, was it a wonderful move!

Ralph came out an inventoried our stuff. We had a fairly small load, so he quoted us at the minimum. (which was about $1950). He told me, which I really appreciated, that they essentially go to FLA once a week and we really only had to give them two weeks notice. Since this was about 3 months before we were moving, I appreciated not feeling rushed into any decisions.

After deciding to go with them, they gave us a complimentary moving kid of about 10 boxes and packing tape, which was helpful. I coordinated with Deborah in their corporate offices, who was fabulous as well. I also liked the fact they gave us the option to pay via credit card or on delivery. When it came time for moving day, the movers (United Van Lines) came to pick up apartment right on time, and they gave us a delivery window of 4-5 days later.

Well it turns out they called me on day 3 and wanted to drop it off, we had to have them wait a day because we werent even to Florida yet! Once we scheduled the drop off, they were here right at 8:00am as promised and the crew unloade the next day, everything up to our 3rd floor apartment.

And, to top it all off, they refunded me $250 dollars (why, I don't know, but i didn't ask!). There was no damage to our furniture nor our 50 boxes. My wife and I were very stressed about this cross-country move, and we couldnt have been happier with how it played out.

Thanks again to this board for all your suggestions and help!

- Joe

MusicMom

Re: **Fabulous Move from NYC to Tampa: Hall Lane

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:51 am

THanks, Joe! Here's your original discussion, in case anyone wanted to see the story leading up to your decision:

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82513

PMueller

Re: **Fabulous Move from NYC to Tampa: Hall Lane

Postby PMueller » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:16 pm

I'm glad you had a good experience! This is what a full service move is suppose to be like!! Welcome to Tampa - I hope you enjoy the area.
"Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."

Diane

Re: Fabulous Move from NYC to Tampa: Hall Lane

Postby Diane » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:41 am

It's great that Hall-Lane was able to do your move for such a reasonable cost. Thanks for this review, which I added to the Superlist linked to below my name.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”