Happy with Schwartz Transportation (STS Movers) - unhappy with ABF

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
donatsts

Happy with Schwartz Transportation (STS Movers) - unhappy with ABF

Postby donatsts » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:50 pm

My name is Carla McKinney. I am using ABF to ship my household from Lakewood, CA, to Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I am here with Don from Schwartz Transportation - he and his colleague are doing a wonderful job; they were prompt and extremely professional packing and movoing my things and they have been very efficient (they have been here less than three ours and whoulb done inprobably 30 minutes!). On the ohter hand, I order shipping supplies to be here yesterday and they still have not arrived today. I ordered padding, bubble wrap, rope, etc. and was told it would be here today - its still not here but they already got paid with my ATM. What are your suggestions? I spoke with them yesterday and they said to call the manager who will be out of the office until Friday. By the time my order arrives, I will probably be on my way to Canada.

Thanks in advance - I will be here for another 30 minutes at: dotheritething@hotmail.com if you can provide any advice. I just left another voicemail with them now as well.
don,owner of so cal moving company

MusicMom

Re: Complaint with ABF

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:55 pm

Carla,

Are you in Don's office, or did he bring his laptop along to the job?

Who did you order the supplies from?

donatsts

Postby donatsts » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:00 pm

Hi MusicMom,

Don said you would replay quickly - thank you!!

I am at my house and Don has just finished-up with packing my things. I ordered my things from the ABF website. Before I place my order, I spoke with them live on the phone to make sure my accessories would arrive on time and they assured me they would - they are still not here, eventhought done is finished.

I am at 562-865-5700 if you would like to call - I am also on Don's computer.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:02 pm

Yeah, I hang around here far too much, especially when work is slow. :wink:

Did you call ABF now to find out what's going on?

donatsts

Postby donatsts » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:26 pm

MusicMom,

Did you just call a Twanna at ABF? She just called and offered me a full refund and her apologies for the bad information I received from her firm! When I spoke with her yesterday, she did not offer any apologies and certainly no refund. She insisted that I must have received incorrect information; I placed my order on July 3rd, but since July 4th was a holiday, I would not have been able to receive my supplies until today and I should have been told as much.

Anyway, all is well now - thanks to you Don apparently!!

Thanks again,

Carla

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:46 pm

I didn't call anyone. What did Don do to help?

donatsts

Postby donatsts » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:32 am

hey music mom, the shipper is on her way to canada now, and what i did to help was refer her to you, because if you did not make any calls on her behalf, the timing of the call from the packing material place was uncanny.
p.s.
ill stay off the fk thing at your request meanwhile, standing by every thing ive stated on the subject
don. thanks for your time with my shipper today, it meant a lot that she felt you cared.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:48 am

OK. I'm still confused, because i didn't make any calls on your customer's behalf. Maybe someone else did, or it is just a coincidence.

So did she get her stuff in time, or a refund?

donatsts

Postby donatsts » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:19 am

just a coinicidence im thinking,its just the timing was perfect to assume you had made some call. anyway her materials never did arrive. also the rep from the packing company that did call and was the same one who the day before gave no indication that the prior commitment on the arrival time meant nothing to her. so combined with the timing was her complete 180 in attitude and offered a full refund just made my shipper happy.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:25 am

Ok, so she got her money, good.

What did she do to improvise for the lack of materials (in case anyone else reading finds themselves in the same situation)?

donatsts

Postby donatsts » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:07 am

she has the promise of the company to refund her money, refunds to credit take time, but lets say yes to this.
as for the materials needed, i call customers the day before the move to confirm, and sensing an issue i went to pioneer packing in am and purchased all she needed to have, on the chance hers did not arrive, and they didn't.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:08 am

Ok, so you helped her a lot. Thanks!

Return to “Open Community”