Two Men and a Truck - Cumming GA franchise - do not use!

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
sshea

Two Men and a Truck - Cumming GA franchise - do not use!

Postby sshea » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:57 pm

Because of their policy of not doing onsite estimates for people with under a certain amount of square footage, they did not send enough people to do my move in a reasonable amount of time. Despite my repeated warnings that I had a LOT of stuff and really BIG, Heavy furniture, they still only sent 2 people so a 5.5 estimated move time turned into an almost 12 hour move.

The 2 guys they sent worked really hard but in the end, they were so tired (as was I) that they did not complete the connection of my washer - they hooked up the hot and cold water connections but did not put the drain hose pipe into the drain hole - consequently when I did laundry, my laundry room flooded with about 2 inches of water and overflowed into my kitchen which has hardwood floors.

Called the company the next day and was told to call back after I had talked to my insurance company.

I did and was told that "Jeff" would call me back. Jeff did call me back 2 days later and was rude, inconsiderate, defensive and actually hung up on me! When I called back, he said he tought we had been "disconnected". Found out he was the Assistant Manager.

I was really disappointed with my experience with TMT because I had heard only good things from friends who had used them in the past - however, they used a different franchise. Since my move fiasco, I've also heard about problems others had with this same franchise, specifically with moves taking twice as long due to lack of resources sent.

I would definitely not recommend this specific franchise for a move, especially because of the unprofessional attitude of the management.

farrah7031

Re: Two Men and a Truck - Cumming GA franchise - do not use!

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:01 pm

File a complaint with the GA Public Services Commission:
http://www.psc.state.ga.us/transportati ... tation.asp

The BBB and the GA Governor's office of consumer affairs.

Return to “Open Community”