NORTH AMERICA MOVING SYSTEMS IS UNITED MOVING SYSTEMS (AMONG OTHERS!)

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
bvg1981

NORTH AMERICA MOVING SYSTEMS IS UNITED MOVING SYSTEMS (AMONG OTHERS!)

Postby bvg1981 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:31 pm

I saw recent questions about the reliability of "North America Moving Systems" posted on here and have my own story to share about their 'rogue' status.

My partner and I had to arrange a move from Delaware to Washington state in June. The hiring neogotiation process for my partner's job was a little longer than expected and left us with a less than desirable amount of time to orchestrate a cross-country move. I flew to WA to locate an apartment while my partner stayed in DE to find the moving company. Using 123movers.com he was contacted by North America and given a phone quote for CF based on what we said would be loaded. Having never made this kind of move before, and thinking he was dealing with North AMERICAN - my partner scheduled a move with this company thinking he was quoted in the typical fashion and at a market rate.

On June 16th, an unmarked truck, tagged with gang signs, arrived at our apartment in Delaware. The gang-leader, upon entering our apartment, immediately stated, without even really looking, that we were over what he thought he was loading and that a new estimate would have to be prepared. My partner signed a recission and the gang-leader said he'd prepare a new estimate, to be finally measured back at the warehouse, based on whatever CF we ended up with at the end of the move.

After purchasing a fifty dollar box of cheap packing tape, they began moving our stuff (down the flights of stairs we were told we wouldn't have to pay extra for, and ended up paying.) When our stuff was in their truck, after a few hours, the gang-leader told us that our new CF was 950CF (which was nearly tripple what we'd been estimated on the phone.) A new estimate was prepared and signed, and after hitting us up for tips, they were on their way. Our first available date of delivery was June 26.

While driving across the country (THANK GOD we didn't ship one of our cars) I began researching moving companies and came across this website among others. As soon as we arrived in WA on June the 25th we started our marathon of phone calls to North America. Each time we were told we would be called back by a dispatcher who, of course, never return our call. Finally, we were able to force some names and numbers out of them and called the "dispatcher" who we were told was named Atkin, and got a company called "United Moving." United had been given our things by North America and was now holding them. Noone at United was capable of telling us where our belongings were or how to get ahold of anyone who could - really, all they could do was curse at us and hang up on us.

We contacted a lawyer who also started making phone calls on our behalf. The lawyer received the same treatment - call the dispatcher, etc. "Bill" who claimed to be the Office Manager (but I have seen on other posts he claims to be the President) assured us we would have it in twelve days. We were promised date after date that passed by.

We also involved our new local Police Dept. who said it was a civil matter but also made a few phone calls on our behalf - again, the same performance act was given to her.

We have now contacted MoveRescue and with the help of my partner's father, have found out that North America is owned and operated by the same people as United Moving (who had their license revoked in May; just as North America got theirs! Hmm!) They are owned by a man named Faref Khoury. Both companies insurance policies are taken out under this name too.

We have notified their insurance carrier of their rogue status and they are now investigating.

Through MoveRescue we were put in touch with a Federal Investigator with the FMCSA who has been working to investigate United. He has helped up to continue investigating these companies.

Today, low and behold, after all this pressure, we get a phone call from an Ido Maroy who is apparently driving our stuff here as we speak. He doesn't work for either United or North America - he works for Enterprise Relocation Moving Systems (so our things have now been given to a third company.) The owner of Enterprise is a well known scam artist named Shraga Pier, who is another Israeli who ran back to Israel a few years back to escape creditor from his other moving companies, and is apparently back in the US with new moving companies to scam consumers.

They claim to be delivering on Monday - we are now, through our lawyer, trying to negotiate that no payment will be made until everything is loaded off the truck. We'll see what lies they spew at him this time.

If anyone wants more information on these cons, let me know, I'll be happy to provide whatever is necessary.

AND - as a result of this I've decided to dedicate a lot of my free time to helping people with similar problems and getting the word out about fradulent moving companies... I'm just not sure where to start to accumulate the status of MusicMom (who is a Goddess, in my opinion. Go Girl!) :D

MusicMom

Re: NORTH AMERICA MOVING SYSTEMS IS UNITED MOVING SYSTEMS (AMONG OTHERS!)

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:36 pm

BVG, please file your complaint here.

This company has reached the point of Blacklisting, based on complaints filed and the speed with which they are going through names. I'll get on it this weekend. Sorry it couldn't reach you in time, though. :cry:

bvg1981

Postby bvg1981 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:45 pm

We're in direct contact with someone at the FMCSA - should we still file a complaint here as well?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:18 pm

Well, it gives us more information for others who ask about what this company's done wrong. You just don't have to click the box at the end to forward it on.

bvg1981

Postby bvg1981 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:04 pm

I've filed a report on here. Would it also be helpful to file one for the other companies that North America gave my belongings too?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:10 pm

If they've done something wrong, yes. If they're just completing the contract without giving you any trouble, no.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:45 am

BVG,

The AMSA has NAMS as a member, under the category of Local Mover (Regular member). You might want to call them for assistance. 703-683-7410. They also have on their papers that the owner's name is Bill Aponte, whose name comes up in a RipOff Report with both NAMS and UMS.

They are now on the Blacklist.

There may be an licence/insurance issue coming up, they've cancelled their BIPD policy with no new one stipulated. They did have one insurance policy rejected because it was already cancelled. If they don't get a new policy stated, they'll lose their license (and their AMSA membership).
Last edited by MusicMom on Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:58 am

It's been reported over the years that NAMS used to be United Moving Systems, and before that was Strong Arms Moving. Here's the proof covering ALL those bases, before the website goes dark:

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/r ... ystems.com

Website registration for www.unitedmovingsystems.com wrote: Domain Name: UNITEDMOVINGSYSTEMS.COM
Created on: 03-Jun-06
Expires on: 03-Jun-08
Last Updated on: 03-Jun-07

Administrative Contact:
Bishara, Richard strongarmsmoving@yahoo.com
160 Johnson Ave
Hackensack, New Jersey 07601
United States
(201) 757-1346

Richard Bishara, who also registered www.northamericamovingsystems.com registered www.unitedmovingsystems.com and used the email from his old company, StrongArmsMoving@yahoo.com

Domain Name: NORTHAMERICAMOVINGSYSTEMS.COM
Created on: 15-Mar-07
Expires on: 15-Mar-09
Last Updated on:

Administrative Contact:
bishara, richard rash1112@yahoo.com
north america moving systems
163 east main st #221
little falls, New Jersey 07424
United States
(201) 757-1346

bvg1981

Postby bvg1981 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:30 pm

The end of the moving saga with NAMS has come. After over a month of phone calls with lawyers, the police and the FMCSA, our belongings arrived in Washington.

They were sub-contracted to an Enterprise Moving Systems (DOT 1202529) out of Brooklyn, which is probably another scammer, but hasn't had the same problems according to their FMCSA profiles.

The really weird part is that our belongings arrived basically damage free. Our two standing lamps and one standing fan were bent or broken - but as we declinded their "special box" for them it was no suprise - they would have broken in any truck.

My chief complaint was the smell - everything SMELLED HORRIBLE. Their "safe and secure" storage facility is apparently water-proof, that I will give them, but needs some serious dusting and Lysol, yuck!

Dont' get me wrong though - in spite of the miraculous condition of things - North America Moving Systems is a TOTAL SCAM and needs to be shut down. If you are reading this and having a similar problem with them, contact me via PM and I'll give you some contacts with the FMCSA who have opened a file on this company and have them under their scrutiny.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:45 pm

I'm so glad to hear this ending. Now go buy some Febreze! :wink:

bvg1981

Postby bvg1981 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:15 pm

Looks like North America got a new insurance policy - and will be sticking around.

Continue to WATCH OUT!

Return to “Report A Scam”