Movin' on Movers, NC

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
cbreeze

Movin' on Movers, NC

Postby cbreeze » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:53 am

My daughter is going to move from a bedroom condo in DC to Durham NC. Initially she had planned to do it yourself renting a Budget truck and hiring loading /unloading help at either end. However, I called Movin' on Movers and Danny said they have a load to be delivered to PA at around the same date and they could swing by and pick my daughter's stuff in DC. This was just decided today and I am on the road right now and have no time for estimate. But he said it would be $400 per 1000 pounds ( he estimates she is under this) at the minimum and then $40 per 100 pounds over 1000 pounds. He said he would send me a written estimate over email.
This would save her driving down the truck by herself and returning the truck in Durham. The cost would be almost the same.

Her load would be the only load coming down from DC and he would weigh the truck before and after.

What do you guys think? Since this is so last minute (picking up in DC next Thursday, August 2) we don't have other options. Do you think this email estimate is good enough so I should just go ahead and do it?

I am on the road now and I will try to find an internet connection sometime before tonight. Thanks

cbreeze

Re: Movin' on Movers, NC

Postby cbreeze » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:53 am

My hunches were correct. I didn't get an email confirmation with them last night. I called Danny and he said the deal to PA fell through and I should seek another alternative.

Yesterday, and throughout the past week, he assured me that he's right on schedule. I have a feeling he promised me a date (next Thursday) and when the date nears, he will tell me he wouldn't be able to do it till the next week, make me wait because his delivery in PA is not next week but the week after .That's why no contract was sent.

Moral of the story, get everything in writing.

Return to “Open Community”