Minimoves or Shipsmart

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Mgdamb

Minimoves or Shipsmart

Postby Mgdamb » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:28 am

Hi everyone,

I've read many of the posts on the site and they are all very helpful. But I'm still confused on which company to use.

I need to move (1) two-piece sectional and (1) loveseat from San Diego, CA to Boston, MA. Both pieces are in excellent condition and I don't want anything to happen to them but I'm also aware that they aren't that fragile so I'm not overly concerned.

I almost used Genesis Van Lines and I am so thankful I did a search on them and found this site. Otherwise I would have lost both, my money and my furniture.

So needless to say, this is a very small move and I'm still up in the air about which company is better: Minimoves or Shipsmart? Time frame isn't overly important but pick-up and drop-off is. I've also checked the BBB website and - after reading another post on how the BBB considers a case closed - realized they were not of any particular help either.

So, any help or suggestions would be great.

Thank you,
Michelle :?

MusicMom

Re: Minimoves or Shipsmart

Postby MusicMom » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:02 am

I don't know much about MiniMoves, nor ShipSmart for that matter, but we have a bit more reviews on ShipSmart. As MiniMoves has admitted to, and ShipSmart's reviews have shown, when you do a small move like this you have to be very flexible in time it takes to receive your things. Is that a problem for you? If you're expecting them in a short time period, you may have to pay for a full-service mover's minimum load size. If you can wait a couple weeks at the most (and hope for less), then use one of these two.

Mgdamb

Postby Mgdamb » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:16 am

Hi MusicMom -

Thanks for the reply!

I am certainly flexible with time. I've contacted many large moving companies and some have turned me away. I'm leaning towards using shipsmart over minimoves (which one company recommended). I wasn't sure if someone with more experience with this site and all the posts had a preference of which mover has a better outcome. The prices are very similar (I think a difference of 100-200 dollars).

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:09 am

As it happens, there is a company similar to ShipSmart located in the San Diego area that has very good reviews here - Wright Way. See the Superlist linked to below my name. If I were you, I would get a quote from them. As between the other companies that do this type of move, Navis at www.gonavis.com seems to have the best reviews with ShipSmart and Box Brothers somewhat lower down. I don't really know much about MiniMoves.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

minimoves2000

Postby minimoves2000 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:12 pm

MiniMoves is a full service mover we are not a pack and ship store or a broker. [advertisement portion snipped]

Return to “Open Community”