Any recent experiences w/ AC White?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
jules21

Any recent experiences w/ AC White?

Postby jules21 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:57 pm

Hello,

This is a great site and it definitely helped me sift through some very sketchy moving companies that contacted me. After reading this site, I narrowed down my preferred companies. One was AC White. The woman I have been dealing with has been very nice, but still has not sent me a quote. She assured me that the company was available for my moving dates. However, the dates are fast approaching and without anything in writing I'm starting to freak out a bit.

She gave me a great quote by phone after doing a telephone inventory. We had an inhouse estimate scheduled but she had to reschedule. I wasn't that concerned about the telephone inventory b/c its a smaller move. She then told me she would come the next day for an inhouse estimate, then the next day, and then the next day. I have read some great posts about how this company handled the actual move. That 's only reason I have been persistent. Is this just a fluke in their service or should I move to another company?

I"m frustrated b/c my second choice was available for my move dates, but now its very likely they are booked. Thanks for letting me vent.

PMueller

Re: Any recent experiences w/ AC White?

Postby PMueller » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:43 pm

Call the office in the morning and ask for Archie White. He will get an estimate performed for you ASAP. Let him know your frustration as the representative keeps putting you off day by day. This is unusual behavior for this location, while this is a very busy time of year they should be able to keep a scheduled appointment for an in home survey.
"Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:21 pm

If he's out of the office (I think tomorrow might be his tv appearance) send him a pm here (ArchieWhite).
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:21 am

Working on the problem now, answers shortly....

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:51 am

Thank you so much for your help! The representative actually called and everything seems to be right on track. She was extremely professional and helpful. I believe the combination of a busy time/computer issues/and fast approaching move date led to the confusion. There are always a few bumps and this minor bump was smoothed out pretty quickly.

I have been in contact with a # of moving companies over the last few weeks, and AC White definitely has stood out as quality moving company.

Again, this site has been great. It really helped me weed out the scams. I will post again after my move. I feel so much better knowing this company will handling my move.

I had some strange experiences trying to find a moving company. One company came over with a yellow legal pad to write out my inventory and told me they could move my large plants across the country. I felt like they were casing my place out, not taking inventory. Express Budget Moving.

Also, for anyone thinking of using Door to Door in the Atlanta area, Sarah was extremely helpful and professional. That was my 2nd choice. However, don't confuse their company w/ Door to Door Vanlines, which based on my experience, very sketchy! They kept wanting me to give them the other quotes they received so they could beat 'em. However, I got the sense they would just show up the day of the move and tell me it was more $.

jules21

Re: *Any recent experiences w/ AC White?

Postby jules21 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:38 pm

This is the OP. Just wanted to update my post. The rest of the move went very smoothly. I would use AC White again if I was in the Atlanta area.

BigLeeCalif

Re: **Any recent experiences w/ AC White?

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:26 pm

Send Archie a PM. I'm sure he'd be grateful for the commendation.....
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

ArchieWhite

Re: **Any recent experiences w/ AC White?

Postby ArchieWhite » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:11 am

I see it here, thats great.....Over the last 3-4 years, I would say we've had maybe 6 or 8 moves that were on the movingscam radar, and all but one has gone pretty good. It gives you a good feeling to get positive public acknowledgement of a difficult service. Nice way to start the week.

Return to “Open Community”