Update on Boston Quality Movers dba Vainstein Mover

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
JuneH

Update on Boston Quality Movers dba Vainstein Mover

Postby JuneH » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:31 am

I have an update on my issue with Boston Quality Movers dba Vainstein Movers, 10 Penniman Road, Allston, MA
I was scammed by them on Sept. 2006 with their quote and when they delivered the furniture the leg was ripped off my custom made sofa. I took them to small claims court, first heard by a Magistrate, which decided that they should pay me to replace the carved leg on my sofa, which was 900.00 to re-create by a restoration company.
They filed an appeal to go before a judge. They never showed and defaulted in court; and the decision of the Magistrate still remained. There were 3 payment reviews following the judges decision which they defaulted each time and never paid the 900.00. Finally on this last payment review default, the clerk called them to warn them that I was hiring a Constable to issue an arrest warrant for default and they would be picked up and held until the 900.00 plus the 500.00 for the Constable was paid.
They finally sent a check for the 900.00
Please everyone, do not go near these people. Very professional scammers and if you made the same mistake as me, go all the way and take them to court. Do not relent! They need to be put out of business!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MusicMom

Re: Update on Boston Quality Movers dba Vainstein Mover

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:41 am

Interesting. Thank you very much for this detailed report, I'll add it to the "How to Sue Your Mover" thread so others have an idea of what can happen in Small Claims Court.

Despite all the time ane energy you had to spend on this, I'm very glad you got your money back, and that your sofa is now repaired. Can you tell that the new leg is different than the old one, or did the restoration do a great job?

MusicMom

Re: Update on Boston Quality Movers dba Vainstein Mover

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:42 am

For anyone interested, here is June's original report:

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10995

and:

Illegal Business Boston Quality Movers, DBA VAinstein Movers, Allston, MA. Never having used movers before, I called BQM and spoke with Bryan Welch, who asked if I ever moved. I said NO and he sucked me in. I live 20 minutes from BQM warehouse and they charged me for 5 1/2 hours of a 1 hour move! I just needed 9 pieces of furniture moved out of the house and returned 2 weeks later while my floors were refinished. He said the total cost would be 311.00 each way and they would store the furniture for free. They returned, made my 90 year old mother sign a form in blank and refused to give me a copy, took my credit card and charged 800.00 on the credit slip and submitted a bill to my credit card company for 806.50. They also ripped a leg off of my 5000.00 sofa before bringing it back into the house and put the sofa cushions in front of the sofa and not on the sofa to cover the missing leg. When I called about the leg they said they would do NOTHING because I ripped the leg off myself! They do not have any insurance. Now I have to take them to court! They lie and never return calls and the delivery men claim that they do not speak or understand English. They seem to be Israeli's or possibly Arabs. I don't know for sure, but they know how to scam the American Public.
This company is the biggest scamming thieves that ever existed.
The cost of the move was 806.50, but the damage was 900.00

Return to “Open Community”