*Think I Dodged A Bullet (pre-move review)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
a4adam

*Think I Dodged A Bullet (pre-move review)

Postby a4adam » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:07 pm

Last week I posted that I was looking for a good local mover in the Sacramento area. I had initially booked Two Men and A Truck because they had been the only local company that was responsive and professional on the phone. After looking at some of the location reviews for this company, I became a little worried and decided to look for another mover and get estimates.

So I scheduled estimates with Two Men and A Truck and Moovers, Inc. Both were scheduled for the morning of 9/4. Jayson from Moovers, Inc. arrived promptly and proceeded to give me an estimate on the move. The estimator from Two Men and A Truck was supposed to arrive an hour earlier but never showed up or called. After the estimate with Jasyon was finished, I decided to go with Moovers, Inc.

Earlier that morning I looked at my pre-move paperwork from Two Men and a Truck and realized they had double booked me! When I called to resolve the issue, they asked me which franchise I wanted to move with. My response was, "I don't care, you people figure it out, I didn't double book." Later that morning, at approximately 11:50AM PST, after I decided to use Moovers, Inc., I sent an email to Two Men and A Truck asking them to remove me from their move schedule.

Ok, so I never got a reply back from Two Men and A Truck indicating they had cancelled me. So today I contacted them again and told them why I cancelled (the estimator not showing up). They then had the nerve to tell me they cancelled the estimator because I had sent them an e-mail asking them to cancel. The only problem was, the e-mail I sent was generated 3 hours after the appointment with the estimator! My hunch is that they tried to resolve the double booking issue I had called aobut that morning, but they ended up cancelling the estimator somewhow....I'll probabaly never know.

I was really worried that if Two Men couldn't even get me an estimate or figure out their booking, how were they going to get me moved without a big hassle? So it's Moovers for me. I will post a full review after the move.

-Adam

BigLeeCalif

Re: Think I Dodged A Bullet (pre-move review)

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:28 pm

I'm glad it worked out adam. Glad I could help.

Lee
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Return to “Open Community”