Don't use GENESIS VAN LINES! (Shai)

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
njdss4

Don't use GENESIS VAN LINES! (Shai)

Postby njdss4 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:52 pm

GENESIS VAN LINES HAS ALSO BEEN KNOWN AS:
All USA, USA Van Lines, Royal Van Lines, and Exodus Relocation.

Owner changes his name as often as his company, he has been known as:
Ben Shai, Shai Farmi & Ishai Fima

I'll try and put this and simply as I can:

I have moved from California to Kansas.
Genesis Van Lines picked up my things 36 days ago and I have yet to receive them. Instead of getting apologies from them when I call, the supervisor threatened to take my stuff back to California. There would be no one there to pick it up if that were to happen.

Also, of the 30+ times I have called their 888 number, they have only picked up 8 times, and even after I left messages on their answering machine AND with this customer service idiot, I have NEVER gotten a call from them. I always have to be the one calling THEM.

At this point I don't think I'll ever get my things and I am taking the first steps toward suing them. If ANYONE would like to join me in a joint lawsuit, please email me at njdss4@yahoo.com

farrah7031

Re: Don't use GENESIS VAN LINES! (Shai)

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:01 am

Contact Move Rescue at www.moverescue.com right away.

coolgenner

Postby coolgenner » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:30 am

what is their email and 888 number?
New Jersey the cess pit of scummy movers!

njdss4

Postby njdss4 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:03 am

Thanks farrah7031, I will definitely call that 800 number at www.moverescue.com

coolgenner, their 888 number is 888-295-5551 and they have no email address.

njdss4

Postby njdss4 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:29 pm

I just got off the phone with some Israeli truckers and they confirmed that Genesis Van Lines and the owner Ben Shai (or w/e his name is today) turned the truck around and had my stuff taken back to California. It's officially theft now. I'm going through the phone numbers calling every Attorney General and FBI office I can now. It's lawsuit time.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:18 pm

How do you know what they're telling you is true? How do you know it was ever on a truck out of CA to begin with? A lot of time they take your stuff and put it into storage right near where you live.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:16 am

Guys, I really don't want to shoot you down, but you won't get very far with a lawsuit of any monetary damage to the mover. Because of the Carmack Amendment [see Homepage], you're pretty much relegated to Small Claims court (can't sue them for theft, extortion, damage, emotional distress, anything). As such, most lawyers won't help, because there's no chance for a good fee just based on winnings. You have to be willing to probably paymore to the lawyer than you'd get from the mover, IF the mover actually paid what you won.

I only say this because I don't want you to get frustrated finding all this out AFTER calling a bunch of lawyers and getting your hopes up. I'm sorry.

TheTruthHurts

Postby TheTruthHurts » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:13 am

The info is not looking very good

ROYAL VAN LINES INC
HOUSEHOLD GOODS COMMON CARRIER REINSTATED 08/10/2006
OUT OF SERVICE 03/05/2007

Exodus Relocation
HOUSEHOLD GOODS COMMON CARRIER GRANTED 05/10/2007

melkestra

Postby melkestra » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:51 pm

How does this guy keep being able to stay in business? I'm at my wits end with these people! I've been given 4 different dates for delivery of my son's belongings to Kansas in as many weeks and, of course, none have come to pass. I've spoken with "Nora", "Mike", "Joe" and Shai himself with no satisfaction. Didn't know who Shai was at the time though. It is outrageous that my son has to be without warm clothes or even a jacket let alone everything else. Since it was August when he moved to Kansas, he thought he'd have all that long before now. Of course "things" can eventually be replaced and we can move on with our lives but that really isn't the point. My frustration, as a mother, is that I don't know what else to do to get this situation resolved! We have called the police, ( here in California where everything was picked up ) reported to the BBB, Vanlines.com and the DOT to name a few. What now, the TV consumer reporter?????? ARGH!!!
Thanks for letting me vent,
Melkestra

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:49 am

melkestra, did you ever contact Move Rescue?

melkestra

Postby melkestra » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:17 am

Hi,
Yes, thank you. My son, NJDSS4, has been in touch with them.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:33 am

Have they been helpful at all?

ihategenesisvanlines

Postby ihategenesisvanlines » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:23 pm

shai is an @sshole

you should try to find your stuff here

9119 topanga canyon blvd
chatsworth, ca

njdss4

Postby njdss4 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:37 am

Final Update on my stuff:

I did finally get my things. Most of them. Two boxes were missing (luckily miscellaneous junk I didn't care about) and my guitar was snapped at the neck. Not only that, but I was charged more than I was quoted for and almost couldn't afford to pay it. Luckily a roommate fronted the rest of the money and the driver unloaded my stuff.

When I called Genesis to find out why I was being charged more I got yelled at like I was the problem! The driver was the only nice person only because he didn't work for Genesis. He was working for the FOURTH company to handle my stuff as it went from Los Angeles to Arizona, to Oklahoma, to Texas, to Florida, to Washington DC, then all the way back to Kansas where it was supposed to go. My bed smelled like dirty wet dog for a month because it had been left out in the rain and it was dented up really badly.

I never want to move again. The horror story that I went through was so draining. These movers bent me over and f*cked me. To be able to screw people over like that and have no remorse at all is so baffling to me.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:19 am

How did you find your things?

Return to “Report A Scam”