*ELITE MOVING AND STORAGE LAS VEGAS NEVADA DONT EVER USE THEM

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
denisedewitt

*ELITE MOVING AND STORAGE LAS VEGAS NEVADA DONT EVER USE THEM

Postby denisedewitt » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:23 pm

After being treated bad by a brokerage service and getting a full refund I got the help of Elite Moving and Storage, in Las Vegas Nevada. Wow what a mistake that was. First my quote was 1350.00 to good to be true, second they showed up in a box truck and promised to take my belongings to Phoenix to be stored until their tractor trailor company could pick my things up to move them to Pennsylvania. Well they did not take my belongings to Phoenix they took them to Las Vegas. Too make matters worse they were 2 weeks late. When they did arrive they had brokeraged out the service of a tractor trailer company and never used the ones they claimed to own. They blamed it on Labor Day Weekend. Not only did they not return my calls they can't even speak english properly enough for you to understand them.

After all was said and done they had broken items and shipped them without all the pieces on top of it. They broke my dinette chairs, my mexican hutch, ripped and cut my sofa, damaged my filing cabinets, scratched my dining room table, broke my son's pogo stick, and also his 500.00 metal detector. They destroyed my stuff and I never even got an apology. They have yet to take care of the damage. They collected $2000.00 dollars and never even gave me a chance to weigh my belongings when they arrived.

This was a horrible experience and I hope they turn up on your BLACK LIST!

Best regards,

Denise A. DeWitt

farrah7031

Re: ELITE MOVING AND STORAGE LAS VEGAS NEVADA DONT EVER USE THEM

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:15 pm

Did you contact them for a claim form and did they send it to you? Did you purchase additional insurance through them or did you just take the $.60/pound option?

You have the right to demand copies of the weigh tickets, but did they try to charge your more or tell you that you would pay less if your things weighed less?

denisedewitt

Postby denisedewitt » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:13 am

No they didnt send me a claim form. They were not very helpful they just gave me an 800 number. I took the .60 cent a pound because I never really thought they would damage all of my belongings. I was never given an option to weigh anything acuratley because when they arrived they already had items on there BOX truck and said they had to go so they could unload them. They gave me that option only after they took my things illegally to Vegas as I specified that I only wanted my items stored in Phx and they agreed.

sinzzzz

Postby sinzzzz » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:18 am

Hi Denise,

we are another unfortunate victim of this company. Please know that you are not alone. I have had several other families contact me about there broken items too. I have filed aresponse on moving scam.com and on ripoff report.com everyone complains of the same problem with this company. You can visit a site from another client of Elite Moving and Storage in las vegas under http://www.theelitemovers.info/. This family moved to Washington and had multiple items broken as well.

sinzzzz

Postby sinzzzz » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:21 am

Hi Denise,

elite moving and storage moved out items as well. We had so many items that were completely busted up and broken. Our items were thrown in huge boxes like they were trash. You can visit pictures from another unfortunate family at http://www.theelitemovers.info/. Please know that you are not alone. The responses that I have received from Elite Moving and storage are not real nice. This company does not seem to care about it's clients only the money they get. I have filed a complaint on the ripoffreport.com

sinzzzz

Postby sinzzzz » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:40 am

Here is my story
The first visit the owner's wife came to our home, nice lady at first. Suzie the owner's wife told us that our entire house would be packed and that the movers that showed up to our house would take two days and pack everything so that nothing would get broken. Suzie also told us that we had 15,000 pounds and that the move with the entire home being packed would cost 8,000 dollars. Everything seemed good so we decided to use Elite moving and storage.

MOVE DAY THE REAL STORY- OZ THE FOREMAN SHOWED UP WITH HIS PACKERS AND PRCEDED TO TELL MY HUSBAND AND I THAT BY LOOKING AROUND OUR MOVE WAS NOW 15,000 DOLLARS AFTER TWO HOURS OF HAGGLING WE AGREED TO 9,000 DOLLARS. The packers began packing. After they filled two trucks with our stuff the foreman came in and told us that they did not have any more room in the trucks and that we would have to finish packing and moving the rest of our stuff. Our stuff was supposed to arrive in Texas on the 5th it finally arrived on the 15th after numerous calls to the owner. By the way they showed up in two enterprise rental trucks for our 3,700 sq foot home and that is how the stuff was delivered in rental trucks not a big diesel truck.

UNPACKING OUR BROKEN HOUSEHOLD GOODS-
Our stuff that was supposed to take two days to pack took 8 hours, when our boxes and furniture arrived to Texas the real nightmare began. There were so many boxes of broken things that I had to contact the insurance company to place a claim. There were glass shelves in with wood furniture, my cd’s and videos were dumped into boxes and broken and scratched up. Before the first truck was empty I already had a page and a half of broken and scratched up furniture. I have pictures too. While opening the boxes we found that the boxes were the size of a small refrigerator box and was loaded with anything they thought they could throw in the box. The boxes were full of lamps, glass shelves, cd's clothes, melted candles. My jewelry box was dumped and jewelry was everywhere. The move was so stressful. Our family and friends had to come help us pack what was left in the house which consisted of another truck load of things. I have tons of photos if you are interested in seeing them to help with a move decision.

Here is their story
THE REAL STORY!!!!
My name is OZ, the foreman of Elite Moving and
Storage. I recently came across this fabricated
report about myself, my employer, our conduct,
integrity and service. I felt compelled to submit my rebuttal specially when considering our incredibly generous and courteous interaction with this trouble causing, unreasonable and cheap to the bone individual. The protocol for any moving company is to visually assess the overall size of the items being transported for the homeowner based on what the homeowner presents as the items to be transported.

Based on Suzie's visual assessment, a quote of
$8,000.00 was submitted to the homeowner. Our company was awarded the contract, the homeowner signed our contract and the job was scheduled to be completed.

MOVE DAY-HERE IS WHAT REALLY TOOK PLACE:

I arrived with my crew and was immediately shocked to find out we had much more items to be packed and transported for the homeowner than originally covered by the estimate and the contract. Post contacting Suzie to voice my concerns, it was quickly determined that what was presented to Suzie at the time of the visual estimate by the homeowner as items to be transported had now doubled in size on move day. In other words, the homeowner had only exposed Suzie to half of what she really had intended on transporting.
At this point I realized what type of a homeowner we where dealing with. I approached the homeowner and respectfully brought to her attention the importance of being honest during visual inspection by providing us with an opportunity to visually assess ALL of the
items being considered for transport and not just half of the items. Once I had expressed this simple fact,

I noticed her facial expression changing as if she was blushing or embarrassed to have been caught red handed. It was as if a child was just caught with their hand in a cookie jar. I now proceeded to informed her that her move will cost $15,000.00 based on the newly added items to be transported which were not originally presented at the time of the visual assessment. The homeowner went ballistic. Her husband stood in the corner feeling sorry for us as my crew and I had to be subjected to her unprofessional
verbal attack on us personally, degrading us and
comparing us with the scum of the earth. Imagine
having to listen to someone accusing you of being
dishonest as they themselves attempted to initially cheat our company.

After multiple hours of going back and forth with this cheap, dishonest and despicable
individual, I made an executive decision to complete the move for the bargain price of $9,000.00. Simply spoken, I felt bad for her even though she deserved to have been refunded her money and left to face the music for being dishonest.

at first you did not want to hear of it and became very angry. but as it turned out i know what i was saying since you your self admitted on having a 3rd truck. I want to make everything clear by pointing out you have signed on the bill of lading you were paying for only 2 trucks
UNLIMITED PACKING AND WEIGHT.

Initially when i quoted you $15.000 it was for 3 trucks UNLIMITED PACKING AND WEIGHT after you insisted on having only 2 truck I revised the quote to $10.000 which was reduced to $9.000 after the owner of elite decided to give you a discount.

The office dispatched two additional crews in order to complete this move. The additional crew arrived with an extra truck and boxes to assist in packing and transporting of the homeowner's belongings. My crew gently packed and filled the trucks with as much as we
could possibly fit in the trucks. However, we had much more items left than we had room for in the two rented trucks. By the way, when I say rented trucks, I mean rented since the homeowner was not willing to pay for the cost of our own eighteen wheeler diesel truck. There is only so much you can do for someone.

Under our contract and as stated by the DOT
(Department of Transportation), we have 21 business days to transport her household goods from original move day. In this business you always hope for the best in transport time but weather and road conditions may force you to divert or delay delivery without warning. We estimated and hoped for a delivery day on the 5th but were not able to meet this date and ended
up delivering her household goods by the 15th.
Although we did not deliver on the 5th, we delivered under the 21 business day grace period as stated on the contract.

HOMEOWNER UNPACKING HER BROKEN HOUSEHOLD GOODS Whatreally happened:

Prior to my crew packing away the homeowner's goods, we had been arguing and going back and forth with the homeowner on what to pack with what and what NOT to pack with what. The homeowner was insisting on packing various goods with other goods that we as movers knew to be a recipe for disaster. For example, I specifically advised her not to pack her candles
with other goods as they'll melt and damage her other goods. Although her family agreed with me, she refused and continued to pack or direct others to pack as she wished. This is just one example of her reluctance in allowing my crew to professionally pack her house hold goods. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Once we realized that our suggestions are not being received, we simply followed her wishes and packed the boxes as she had specifically wanted us to do so. This resulted in the
damages revealed during her unpacking of her goods.

In conclusion, the only pleasure we had with this job was the pleasure of meeting her husband. He was a gentleman and tipped my crew well for their work and I am very appreciative of his gracious contribution.
Thank you for your time to read my rebuttal.

Here is my Rebuttal

Elite Moving and Storage Las Vegas
Here is another email I received from another client of this company.
Also you can visit another client's web page that had the same treatment as this client and I had from Elite. You can view the packing and broken items photos at (((redacted)))
Testimonial from another client Below: Hi,
I recently used elite moving for a move and had a similar TERRIBLE experience. Did they ever replace/insure any of your damaged items? Right now that is the game I am playing with them, and I just wondered if you ever had any luck or how you resolved your situation? Any info. Would be helpful Thanks

Personally I am not shocked by this foreman's response. Rather then take the time to take care of the clients that have been treated with such lack of concern, this company chose to bad mouth the homeowner. When our items were not delivered when they were promised, we had to continually call the owner and the foreman until they finally responded with a story that our truck had broke down and that the company was renting two trucks to finish the delivery which I found later was not the truth since one of the truck drivers that delivered my stuff informed me that he had left Vegas that afternoon of the supposed break down day.
As far as me being cheap I did not ask for a free ride what I asked for was a reputable company to come to my house look at my items and give me a binding price to move all of my items with packing. The owners wife Suzie told us this was a guaranteed binding price and I have the binding contract to prove that what I did not ask for was a company to tell me one price and then on move day to tell me another price. I did not buy more stuff to move with; in fact I gave a ton of stuff away which most people do when they are moving. You clean out stuff and rid yourself of useless items which was the case in our household. Oz stated in his rebuttal that I turned red in the face that was anger not embarrassment. Why did I still use the company? Hmmmm... Let's see it was move day and I had nothing ready to go since the movers said they would come in and do everything for us. We were told by Suzie that we would only need to pack our suitcase and go which was not the truth. We were also told that they packers would take two days to pack our items properly and that we would love the packing job that came from Oz personally about the we would love the packing job. I'm here to tell you we did not love the packing job. Our items were thrown in boxes like trash. Oz never once told us they could not pack candles and neither did Suzie; in fact I had left for over two hours while they were packing my stuff since I attend college. In fact the packers did not speak English so I'm not really sure how they were telling me about not packing my candles and stuff since I do not speak Spanish. Also if that was the case, why did OZ the boss on the job not tell us himself if the candles were a problem? Oh did I mention my 70 inch and 50 inch TV's that were supposed to be crated, Yea their crate is taking a box and cutting it and taping the box around our TVs and pictures. Not sure how that was supposed to help the TV's but by the grace of god they made it however our TV stand was ruined since they ripped the tap off the stand that they covered it with. Let's talk about the brand new treadmill that looks like a busted up piece of junk. Even the letters on the side4 of the treadmill were torn off. Not sure what was going on there but it was dragged around and beat up to where the rubber is ruined on it the sides are scratched and dented up etc... Anyway, I could go on and on but what I am here to tell anyone looking to move is make sure this company does not write POB which means packed by owner on your packing slip, watch every box that is packed, stand there and open every box as the movers take your stuff off the truck, make them put every box in every room not the garage, take photos of your stuff, buy an insurance policy from a separate company like the Baker Insurance company, do not sign anything until you understand everything, get it in writing that this price for your house that is being quoted will not change on move day and that every single item in your house will be packed and moved properly and get a guaranteed day to deliver not sometime within 21 days a guaranteed day so that you do not spend two weeks on the floor like we had to do. Read moving scams.com and any other site you can about movers and call the insurance company and ask for proper instructions on how to move without having problems. Whoever you choose Good Luck!!!!!!!

denisedewitt

Postby denisedewitt » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:08 am

I AM NOT SURPRISED BY OZ'S RESPONSES AS THAT IS PRETTY MUCH SO HOW THEY TREATED ME SO FAR. I HAVE SENT EMAILS OUT EVERYWHERE TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND NOW I AM WORKING ON THE ATTORNEY GENERALS WEB SITE IN VEGAS! OZ HAS NEVER RETURNED MY CALLS SINCE MY BELONGINGS ARRIVED! SHELLY WONT RETURN MY EMAILS!

THEY ARE CROOKED AND WRONG IN BUSINESS THEY NEED TO CLOSE UP!

BUYERS BEWARE DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT HIRE ELITE MOVING AND STORAGE OUT OF LAS VEGAS. I BELIEVE THEY ARE SOME RINKY DINK COMPANY THAT DOES NOTHING BUT LIE AND CHEAT THERE CUSTOMERS. THEY HOLD STUFF IN VEGAS TILL THEY CAN GET SOME CHEAP TRACTOR TRAILER COMPANY TO BRING IT TO YOU. THEY DOUBLE THERE ESTIMATES AND HAVE LIED AND BROKEN ALL OF MY BELONGINGS. ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE PICTURES I HAVE THEM AVAILABLE. THEY EVEN BROUGHT ME BROKEN CHAIRS WITHOUT THE PIECES LIKE THEY JUST CRUSHED THEM. IT WAS TERRIBLE TERRIBLE HORRID EXPERIENCE!

sinzzzz

Re: **ELITE MOVING AND STORAGE LAS VEGAS NEVADA DONT EVER USE THEM

Postby sinzzzz » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:42 pm

http://nccdb.fmcsa.dot.gov/HomePage.asp
You can also file a complaint at the National complaint database. Have your bill of lading and move date etc ready.

sinzzzz

Postby sinzzzz » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:50 am

Might make you feel better to learn that Elite's license was revoked on Monday. Could be only temporary, since they have two new insurance policies, but still.

http://tinyurl.com/2eopyv

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:03 am

That license was reinstated on 9/28/07.

denisedewitt

Postby denisedewitt » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:10 am

How did you find out that Elite lost there license? Who can I complain too to ensure they loose it again and this time for good?

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:39 am

They didn't lose their license. Their license was revoked because they changed insurance carriers and didn't file the correct paperwork with the FMCSA.

sinzzzz

Postby sinzzzz » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:39 am

If you click on the link on my post you can view the details. Another person in the forum had notified me from my post that I originally started in the forum.

sinzzzz

Postby sinzzzz » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:41 am

Thank you Farrah for getting us the details.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:14 am

Interesting read......My take, about 8 seconds after the driver walked in and told me that the price was now $15,000 instead of the $8,000 quoted, he would have been out the door heading for his 2 rental trucks and leaving empty handed.

Return to “Report A Scam”