Ohio move - Leaders Moving & Storage

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
ria

Ohio move - Leaders Moving & Storage

Postby ria » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:44 pm

(I've posted before when I was moving to Ohio from DC/MD here.)

I recently did a quick move within the city of Columbus, Ohio. It was on 9-7-07, and I first contacted them around 9-2-07 or so. I was hesitant to move so quickly without doing extensive research first, but I was in a bind. I used the Yellow Pages, actually. I came across an ad that seemed reputable for Leaders Moving & Storage, and got a quote over the internet. They called me back and gave me a quote of $173. Once again, my move was very small; the same sterilite containers (about 17 this time), a mattress set, and some random household goods, like an ironing board and a large computer monitor.

My only gripe is that the movers (two young guys) didn't put my mattress in a bag or a box. I almost bought a mattress bag myself a few days earlier at the U-Haul place, but that was before I saw I would have to hire a mover. I thought I could move everything myself, but then I read some neg reviews on here of U-Haul. Once I saw I would have to hire a mover, I figured "Nah, let them get the mattress box." They didn't. Now, don't get me wrong, the mattress wasn't dusty, dirty or anything! But still, I just thought that should have been handled a bit more professionally for almost two hundred bucks. But I digress.

Everything went smoothly, the entire process took about 2 hours including travel time. The movers themselves were nice, and highly efficient & strong. I would recommend Leaders, at least for an in-town move.

http://www.leadersmoving.com

Diane

Re: **Ohio move - Leaders Moving & Storage

Postby Diane » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:10 am

Thanks for this review, which I've added to the Superlist under Ohio. Interesting . . . I believe that Leaders used to be an agent for North American Van Lines but NAVL no longer lists the company on its website.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Craigsoutplaying

Re: Ohio move - Leaders Moving & Storage

Postby Craigsoutplaying » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:50 am

Leaders Moving & Storage had two locations, the main one in Columbus and a smaller location in Cleveland. The Cleveland office was sold and the new owners became North American agents. They later dropped the name of Leaders. So, that's a little history update.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:04 pm

Thanks - but the www.leadersmoving.com website still lists both locations (Columbus/Worthington and Cleveland) - http://www.leadersmoving.com/contact/
What is the new name of the former Leaders Cleveland office, please, so I can update the Superlist?

TheTruthHurts

Postby TheTruthHurts » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:09 pm

Original office was called
LEADER TRANSPORTATION
6909 Engle Rd.
Cleveland, OH 44130

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :
English, Steven
steve@leadersmoving.com
7455 Alta View Blvd
Columbus, OH 43085