*Has anybody ever heard about Eastern Van Lines or Curtis Movers

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
CaliforniaJasper

*Has anybody ever heard about Eastern Van Lines or Curtis Movers

Postby CaliforniaJasper » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:28 pm

I am just fishing around about either of these companies, I have no experience with either....But am thinking of coming out of retirement and have done moving sales my entire life and I keep hearing these two names brought up in my area.

farrah7031

Re: Has anybody ever heard about Eastern Van Lines or Curtis Movers

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:42 pm

Eastern Van Lines is an Atlas agent.

I can't find any information on a Curtis Movers.

Michael

Postby Michael » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:21 pm

CJ,

Its hard to stay out isnt it. Keep us posted on what you end up doing and best of luck.
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

CaliforniaJasper

Postby CaliforniaJasper » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:10 pm

It sounds like you are in the business Michael and yes it is hard to stay out of the business, I truly enjoy helping people thru this process.

I talked to a gentleman by the name of Dane Curtis he said that he was the son of the owner at Curtis Movers they have been in business 26 years I found them on the BBB with a great rating, Dane said that they arent an agent for any of the big boys, but stated they are doing very well in local COD and O&I. He seemed very profesional and took the time to talk to me.

I talked to a gentleman named Bingo at Eastern and he seemed bothered by me calling however they are an Atlas Agent. I dont know exactly who this gentelman was but I got a weird vibe.

I will go by Curtis Movers some time this week and let you know how they check out. I dont know if a large van line affiliation will be better at this time with the market being the way it is, perhaps I will try to do some O&I's well we will see.

Michael

Postby Michael » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:01 am

Just got back into it. Was out for a year. Felt good to cleanse the soul, per say, lol. After 16 years it was just time to take a breathe. But I am like you. I came back to what I know. And I love helping people.

Keep us posted.
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

CaliforniaJasper

Postby CaliforniaJasper » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:11 pm

Well I met with Curtis Movers they had a very nice place with a large warehouse and several marked trucks. I spoke with the owners son Dane and he really knew the business, tariffs rules and regs. When I asked him about not being affiliated with a van line he said they were Atlas agents for 13 years and are now independent he said there was issues with Atlas that they are no longer flying their Atlas colors anymore, he said that they are trying to go with Stevens Worldwide. I sensed a little issue with Atlas and Curtis. I was impressed with their place and Dane but am going to call their refrences, they actuallly gave me customers to contact regarding their reputation. I am going to try ERastern this afternoon and see how that goes, has anybody heard of Inland Empire Allied in Ontario CA. I want to check them out as well, they had a nice looking facility.

I will let you know how it goes guys wish me luck.

CaliforniaJasper

Re: *Has anybody ever heard about Eastern Van Lines or Curtis Movers

Postby CaliforniaJasper » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:32 pm

Well I drove by one of the other companies I mentioned in my last post, it was very discouraging to see some of the helpers and equipment.

I may just stay retired......Has anybody ever done work with Curtis Movers, Inc based in Ontario CA....I like the company but am not sure if I want to work for a company not affiliated with a van line.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:46 pm

Jasper,

There is a Curtis Movers in San Dimas that is still listed as an Atlas agent. From myezmove.com: Curtis Movers San Dimas, CA (909) 592-5242 Atlas Van Lines What is the relation between this one and the one in Ontario?

Also, which company's facilities and workers turned you off - Eastern's or Inland Empire's? You would be doing this website a favor to tell us.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

CaliforniaJasper

Postby CaliforniaJasper » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Thanks Diane for your response..the man at Curtis said at one time they had an office in San Dimas and in Ontario but recently closed San Dimas location due to the market...he said that they use to be Atlas agents but are no longer with them...they have a great BBB and I would like to get back into the business but like my grandfather use to say "You cant soar like an eagle when you fly with turkeys" with that I wanted to hear feed back from anybody out here.

I would say I wasnt impressed with either of the other companies, but with that another quote "You cant judge a book by it's cover" I am not saying by any means that I dont think they are good companies, rather I like to work for a company that is easy on the eye as well.

Thanks again for your response, my reputation in the industry is important to me and unfortunatley need to come out of retirment due to financial strains.

CaliforniaJasper

Postby CaliforniaJasper » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:14 pm

Well this message is mainly for Diane..I myself am moving from Ontario to Alta Loma and have hired Curtis MOvers to do the move. I will find out if they are a company I want to work for by the crew that shows up on Saturday, the salesman Dane was on the numbers not to mention after calling 5 comapnies to bid only two showed up Curtis Movers and Golden Eagle both men were good but I am going with Curtis because of two reason 1. Dane was very informative and really took his time with me (Maybe because I interviewed with them for a job) 2. The Golden Eagle guy was in a hurry and 10 minutes late(But very nice and professional).

I will let you know what happens Diane

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:40 pm

Thank you, and best of luck to you. :D

CaliforniaJasper

Postby CaliforniaJasper » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:05 pm

Well as I guessed Curtis Movers, Inc was on time and the movers were awsome, the movers shrink wrapped all fabric furniture, protected the floors. I was very pleased. I am very happy with the guys and will start selling for them after Turkey day. These guys are a class act.

I know that this may seem I am showing favoritism, because I am going to work for them but I must say they did a great job for me.

I will keep posting..and try to help other people who post as well.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:53 pm

Ok I found their information:

They have an "A" rating at the BBB:
http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Busin ... D=13048413

Curtis Movers, Inc.
3042 Inland Empire Blvd.
Ontario, CA 91764
Phone: (909) 980-2777

They've been added to the SuperList.

CaliforniaJasper

Postby CaliforniaJasper » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:07 pm

Thanks and look forward to try and clean up the moving business one customer at a time.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:28 pm

I like that, 'clean up the moving business one customer at a time' are you referring to dirty movers or dirty customers? :lol:

Return to “Open Community”