Chipman Moving and Storage- Spokane, WA

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
PApisces

Chipman Moving and Storage- Spokane, WA

Postby PApisces » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:09 am

I just wanted to update you all on how my move from Dallas, TX to Pittsburgh, PA went.

I contracted with Corporate Relocation Services-O'Neil Moving in Garland, TX. They were great in helping set everything up for me!

However, the real star of the Show was Todd from Chipman Moving and Storage out of Spokane, WA. From the moment he arrived at my apartment in Dallas, I knew that my move would go smoothly. It was pretty clear that he was a professional, and would treat my belongings like they were his. The guys he hired to help him there were also very professional and took great care to wrap my furniture and televisions.

An unfortunate situation happened though once Iarrived to Pittsburgh. I was scammed by a landlord here, and had to quickly find a new address before my delivery date. I did, and I called Todd and he had no problems whatsoever changing the address on his end.

Not only did he stay in regular contact with me, he was actually able to arrive a day AHEAD of Schedule!!! When he arrived here, he and his helper, Donnie, quickly and carefuly unloaded my belongings. I couldn't be more impressed with his efficiency, professionalism and careful handling of my belongings.

The ONLY thing that got broken was the glass in a painting, and that was because I had it on the floor while I was unpacking stuff the next day! :(
There wasn't so much as a small knick on ANY piece of furniture, and the boxes arrived in the same condition as they left Dallas!

Todd is an excellent professional, and I HIGHLY recommend contacting Chipman Moving and Storage in Spokane, WA if/when you need to move!

Diane

Re: **Chipman Moving and Storage- Spokane, WA

Postby Diane » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:58 pm

Thanks for this good review of the Chipman driver and (presumably) of the booking agent, O'Neil. I added it to the Superlist linked to below my name.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

PApisces

Re: Chipman Moving and Storage- Spokane, WA

Postby PApisces » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:59 am

Diane,
Yes, O'Neil was great too, especially Sylvia. I just gave Todd most of the credit, because he did all the actual work!

Michael

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:55 am

And you were correct to do so. I put an entry in the Superlist for both Chipman Spokane and O'Neil/Garland. Your experience illustrates how in the van line-agent system, the company booking the move (O'Neil in your case) is important, but the crucial key to success and customer satisfaction is the quality of the long-haul driver (from Chipman Spokane). You were fortunate to get a very good one. If you know Todd's last name I will add it.

I was puzzled by one thing. Who is Corporate Relocation Services and how did they come into it? Did you pay for your own move or was it paid for by someone else?

PApisces

Postby PApisces » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:01 am

Corporate relocation is O'Neils Official name I think. They are the same organization anyway; I paid my Own move. Todd asked that I only put his first name, otherwise I would.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:30 am

OK, thanks. And best wishes from all of us here. :D

Return to “Open Community”