ALERT - avoid Trans United Moving and Storage Inc

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
prophyt

ALERT - avoid Trans United Moving and Storage Inc

Postby prophyt » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:47 pm

Has anyone heard of or dealt with this company before? I did a search here and various other places and dont see them listed.

The agent on the phone has been very polite and helpful, and their qoute is a good price, but I dont want to get stuck in a bad situation.

I am moving from Ontario, CA to Eugene OR in December and need a reputable company that will handle our 2 bedroom apartment without all the horror story scenarios you read about from moving companies.

If anyone has suggestions, Im open to hearing them. I tried contacting moovers but they are not as available or responsive as I would have hoped considering the excellent reviews they receive here.

Diane

Re: Trans United Moving and Storage Inc

Postby Diane » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:10 pm

If this company's website is www.transunited.com - according to WHOIS this is the person who registered it:
Admin Name........... Andrey Lesko
Admin Address........ 6257 Hazeltine Ave
Admin Address........ #3
Admin Address........ Van Nuys
Admin Address........ 91401
Admin Address........ CA
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... a3ohphoto@yahoo.com
Admin Phone.......... +1.3233377776

If the company contacted you as a result of personal information that you posted on the Internet, run away. Nice, polite salespeople are a hallmark of the scammers, and the Van Nuys area is a hotbed of them.

Moovers tends to focus on east-west and west-east moves because they don't have many trucks and once they get up north to OR or WA they usually wouldn't have any return loads to make the return trip profitable. A lot depends on what else they have scheduled for that time period. Also, the time period around the Christmas holidays can be problematic for many moving companies because drivers want to be home with their families.

A company in your area with excellent reviews and comments here is Golden Eagle (United) at www.goldeneaglemoving.com in Upland. You can click on the link below my name and scroll down to "California - Los Angeles area - Inland Empire" to read about others.
Last edited by Diane on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

prophyt

Postby prophyt » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Diane. Their site is actually:
http://www.transusmoving.com/

I havent seen or heard anything that makes me question them, other than the fact that I havent seen or heard anything that makes me question them. :)

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:29 pm

This is posted on the Internet from RipoffReport.com:

Submitted: 3/5/2007 11:20:14 AM
Modified: 3/5/2007 11:20:00 AM

Trans United Van Lines Destroyed my furniture Canoga Park California

Company
Trans United Van Lines
Address:
21044 Sherman Way #230
Canoga Park California 91303
U.S.A.
Phone Number:
877-872-6714
Fax:

The only way I would suggest you use this company is if you really hate your existing furniture. I hired them to move me from Arizona to Colorado. They hire contractors to do this.

The contractors in Arizona were 6 hours late, rude, and destroyed (yes destroyed) my furniture before it even left my house. They didn't pack half of it (big stuff, TV,s lamsp, coffee tables, etc) and the dissassembly was a joke. They had no tools with them (??) and I had to give them mine. They literally ripped apart my beds and my office furniture, rendering it now useless to me. There is no way these can be put together correctly anymore.

Once my stuff got to Colorado, those contractors brought in my furniture in pieces.

I filed a complaint and claim with the corporate office in February. I have made 2 attempts to get status, and both times they promise to call me back and never have. I will never use this company and strongly suggest that nobody else does, unless of course, you want to redecorate your entire home.

Nicole
Peyton, Colorado
U.S.A.

I found this by Googling the phone number given for TransUnited on safersys.org, which is 877-872-6714.

How did this company get your name? If from something you yourself posted on the Internet, drop them immediately. They have all the hallmarks of a scammer: trashy/flashy website with coupons, location in the San Fernando Valley, only 1 truck and 1 driver listed on safersys.org, licensed for interstate moves for only a year. Legal name is Trans US Moving - see http://www.safersys.org/query.asp?searc ... RAGE%20INC

Trust me, we know what we are talking about and we have seen many companies like this one before. AVOID.

moverjim

Postby moverjim » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:20 pm

Rated "D" with the Southland BBB.

prophyt

Postby prophyt » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:28 pm

Thanks everyone. I have set up an inhome estimate with the mover Diane pointed out. I appreciate all of your time and help.

Return to “Open Community”